|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Shadowrun Returns - Berlin DLC Delayed

Default Shadowrun Returns - Berlin DLC Delayed

August 20th, 2013, 08:05
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I wonder if we can import an existing character. It would be nice if we could, but I'm guessing the answer is probably no.
Well, at the end of the DMS campaign, my character was rolling in money and so powerful it wasn't much fun anymore. To continue with him would be… er… problematic, to say the least. And no, I don't want no ham-fisted scripted events to strip him of his newfound wealth and power ("Ah, well… on the road to the airport you get robbed of all your money, even the 100 grand in the bank, and mugged, which causes you to lose your memory and thus all your skills. So, you arrive in Berlin penniless and with no skills. Thems the breaks, chummer. Onwards and upwards!").

IMO, they really ought to have reduced the Karma rewards a bit. If you didn't make a "dual-class" character, you had a pretty over-powered character for the last third of the game. At least for my Street Sam, which concentrated on rifles and shotguns, I practically had 99% chance to hit anything on the screen (at least with the rifle). I didn't put ALL my points in weapons skills, mind you. I also raised Charisma and Body, for example, but in hindsight, I should've spread out the points a bit more and gotten hacking or magic skills too.

"It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue."

Lurking Grue

Random Encounter #23

August 20th, 2013, 08:18
My Shaman is not all that powerful. But judging by the runners I took with me, I also got the impression that characters that focus on simple firepower are the most powerful option in the end (so not the most fun to play), so I can easily believe that a character skilled that way would feel ovepowered by the end.

GhanBuriGhan

Wose extraordinaire

August 21st, 2013, 00:57
yes I played a shaman too and it was easily the weakest character in whatever groups I formed. The spirits were far and between and when they lost control they were a hindrance.

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is

September 13th, 2013, 17:56
SR:R update #61 has plenty of interesting information:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/…-returns/posts

rjshae

Bob
RPGWatch Donor

September 13th, 2013, 19:14
The main campaign of the game will allow you to complete certain missions in the order you choose, and will present you with some different ways to tackle those missions as well as some optional side objectives. To be clear though, Berlin is not a sandbox environment or an open-world experience. What we are working to create is a more flexible story structure and an engaging “hub area” that will give the player some choices and a sense of place and purpose.
This was interesting. Sounds a bit less linear than Dead-Mans-Switch.

Also this:
Improved Save Games: Our intrepid engineers are hacking away at improving our save game functionality in an experimental branch of the code. We still can’t commit to such a major architectural change or to how long it would take to complete but we are diligently working on it, so please stay tuned.

Lemonhead

Keeper of the Watch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Shadowrun Returns - Berlin DLC Delayed