|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » WoW - Siege of Orgrimmar Video

Default WoW - Siege of Orgrimmar Video

August 19th, 2013, 02:23
Blizzard has released a new video for the Siege of Orgrimmar in the new 5.4 patch.
The official trailer for World of Warcraft Patch 5.4: Siege of Orgrimmar.
Garrosh Hellscream's treacherous excavation of the Vale of Eternal Blossoms has finished with sinister results — not just for Pandaria, but for all Azeroth.

In a compound beneath Ragefire Chasm, Garrosh has infused his followers — the 'true Horde' — with the pilfered essence of the Old God Y'shaarj. With the power of a primordial world-twisting force at his command, Garrosh can rebuild the Horde in his image: strong, obedient, and, most importantly, 'pure'.

Vol'jin's attempts to lead Horde rebels into the capital of Orgrimmar haven't gone unnoticed — and the mightiest heroes of the Alliance have stepped in to siege one of their enemies' most prized cities. Will the Alliance be content with overthrowing a despot, or will they crush the Horde at one of the most vulnerable points in its history?
More information.
Last edited by Couchpotato; August 19th, 2013 at 02:40.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

August 19th, 2013, 02:23
Pft wishful thinking. If I would lead the Alliance I'd say, use the opportunity to kill the Horde down to the last man, woman and child. The pre-WOW events showed well enough what "mercy for Orcs" does. Nothing. Nothing but grief.

Buuut since the game must go on, of course nothing like that will happen.

elikal

Sentinel

August 19th, 2013, 02:27
Exactly. And that kind of static attribute in WoW (and most other MMOs) is very off-putting for me.

I'm, however, glad that they are steering the story back towards more traditional Warcraft flavor instead of the terrible panda bear cutey kung-fu land bull***t. I puke raibows when I load up WoW…

Soulbane

Seeker of knowledge

August 19th, 2013, 02:44
Originally Posted by Soulbane View Post
Exactly. And that kind of static attribute in WoW (and most other MMOs) is very off-putting for me.

I'm, however, glad that they are steering the story back towards more traditional Warcraft flavor instead of the terrible panda bear cutey kung-fu land bull***t. I puke raibows when I load up WoW…

Well, Everquest Next *claims* to work on that, with the long time events. Not saying it will work, but at least they try. I am very interested to see how that works out. (IF only it would look less like Disney… oh my.)

elikal

Sentinel

August 19th, 2013, 08:08
Am I the only one cringing at the melodramatic delivery of lines in that video?

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

August 19th, 2013, 08:36
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
No.

Pibbur who also found it slightly … Eh … very over the top.

d++a58e++TU4567'!S'!89!A!WM!LuC++++u+++uF+++nR——nS ++++wC—-o++++wS——uLB++++

pibbur who

Number 13

August 19th, 2013, 08:38
I don't know if it's me - but it's like Blizzard have become less and less bold - even if they've always sought to emulate others.

Even as copycats - they had a unique and impressive quality to their cutscenes and stories. Seems to have been all but lost now

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

August 19th, 2013, 09:56
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
I was thinking the same thing. It reminded me of Dragonball Z or something like that.

EDIT: And, yeah, I used to think Blizzard's cut scenes were amazing. That looks like an intern team made it.

Korplem

Shipwreck

August 19th, 2013, 09:57
Another villain who waits for the heroes to come assault their fortress.

Every single expansion since after Burning Crusade has been trying their best to wrangle Hellscream into a villain role. Every instance of him being around was "This guy is evil or incompetent, stop letting him do stuff, it isn't hard. Just relieve him of power."

He sort of worked as a conflicted person who wanted to stray away from the corruption of his father while shining a beacon on his good deeds, but all through the story they kept saying "Nope, we need a villain for a future expansion, got to make it this guy I guess." since they were running out of credible threats from Warcraft 3.

But I just can't see it. The guy should just have a top hat and mustache added to twirl at this point.

Syron

Watcher

August 19th, 2013, 10:42
Oh yay, more old Gods.

Yme

Sentinel

August 19th, 2013, 14:02
If this would be singleplayer I would play it. MMORPG? Meh..

mercy

Sentinel

August 20th, 2013, 06:24
I really enjoy the CG movies Blizzard makes. My fave is for the WoW expansion Burning Crusades. Illidan's snarling "You are not prepared!" gives me chills everytime.

The ingame cutscenes are pretty good usually but the inclusion of pandas just adds a cheesiness factor to the whole game. Hey I love beast races like orcs, trolls and goblins which is why I favor the Horde over the Alliance. But pandas? Way too goofy.

Dr. A

Keeper of the Watch

August 20th, 2013, 18:39
"Siege Of Oh My Grammar !"

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » WoW - Siege of Orgrimmar Video