|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Might & Magic X - Video and Images

Default Might & Magic X - Video and Images

August 19th, 2013, 20:21
We have been sent a trailer, 16 screenshots and 12 pieces of artwork for Might and Magic X: Legacy. Enjoy!

More information.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

August 19th, 2013, 20:21
This is just my opinion, but right now they could release a 10 hour long story with only a few dungeons and a buggy engine and I'd hump this like a dog

DungeonHack

DOS Addict

August 19th, 2013, 20:31
Originally Posted by DungeonHack View Post
This is just my opinion, but right now they could release a 10 hour long story with only a few dungeons and a buggy engine and I'd hump this like a dog
You are a pervert mister !
But then again I too like doggy style…
Seems a fine game to me, hope it will not be burned to ground.

ikbenrichard

Fulltime RPG watcher

August 19th, 2013, 20:33
Might & Magic X - Legacy Preview Gameplay

Turn based combat, grid movement

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong. - HL Mencken

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Donor

August 19th, 2013, 20:43
Wow. I'm impressed. The game looks really good. Is it only coming out on PC or will there be console versions?

Fluent

RPG Fiend
RPGWatch Team

August 19th, 2013, 20:48
PC only.

The dev team had a party for the first great milestone already…
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MMXDevs2.jpg (193.4 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg MMXDevs7.jpg (226.3 KB, 67 views)

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong. - HL Mencken

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Donor

August 19th, 2013, 20:50
Damn. I'll have to get my dad to buy a gaming PC. He would love this game.

Fluent

RPG Fiend
RPGWatch Team

August 19th, 2013, 20:53
I can't say I appreciate the grid movement, but I do like everything else. I hope it is a huge sucess, and that they make a sequel with free movement. And paper dolls, gotta have those…

tomasp3n

Watchamacallit?

August 19th, 2013, 20:56
Might & Magic X: Hands On Codex-preview by Mr. Zed:

There's a lot of combat in Might & Magic X. It is definitely the primary pasttime of your adventuring party. It's mostly fun as well. I'm saying mostly because sometimes it feels like there aren't really enough stuff to do in between encounters. It feels especially trite when you're in a bandit's lair for instance, and every encounter is some sort of bandit. When an encounter does provide a higher challenge, it usually comes in the form of an elite version of a mob you have already battled many times in that same dungeon. I would love to see a little more variation in the encounters. Like, couldn't the bandits have hounds or something? Maybe they've captured some wild beast?

But more worrying, I found the preview to be lacking in the puzzle department. A charming thing about these sort of games was that they often provided some really good logical challenges in-between combat and exploration, and I'm afraid I didn't see much of that at all. I can only hope the other acts provide more varied challenges, puzzles and more surprises as incentives to continue playing. Riddles, movement puzzles, word puzzles - anything like that would be very welcome additions.​

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Donor

August 19th, 2013, 21:52
Shame if it's true about the puzzles. I always liked the riddles you were given in mm3-5. Or those idols that took the quatloo coins. It made each dungeon unique because they weren't all monster generators but rather a theme park full of weird junk.

DungeonHack

DOS Addict

August 19th, 2013, 22:19
I'm sure the final version will have more puzzles.

Infinitron

Watcher

August 19th, 2013, 22:23
Looks nice but I really dislike the white outline around monsters, npcs and objects. I hope they remove that.

Lemonhead

Keeper of the Watch

August 19th, 2013, 22:43
I imagine the white outline will be used to show which monster is currently targeted?

mogwins

Sentinel

August 19th, 2013, 22:44
Originally Posted by Lemonhead View Post
Looks nice but I really dislike the white outline around monsters, npcs and objects. I hope they remove that.
agreed ..that second gameplay video totally sold me tho, downloading it as we speak!

dyze

Watchdog

August 19th, 2013, 22:51
Puzzles:

Black:
A man is wearing black. Black shoes, socks, trousers, jumper, gloves and balaclava. He is walking down a black street with all the street lamps off. A black car is coming towards him with its light off too but somehow manages to stop in time. How did the driver see the man?

Spoiler

Heaven:
A man died and went to Heaven. There were thousands of other people there. They were all naked and all looked as they did at the age of 21. He looked around to see if there was anyone he recognized. He saw a couple and he knew immediately that they were Adam and Eve. How did he know?

Spoiler

Race:
You are participating in a race (Start <> Finish). …If you overtake the last then
you arrive…?

Spoiler

Last edited by HiddenX; August 20th, 2013 at 07:44. Reason: Fixed question #3 - thank you Zloth

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Donor

August 19th, 2013, 23:07
Grid-based movement will be hard to get used to again, been 20 years since I played M&M 5 (and I haven't tried Legend of Grimrock because of the RT combat and puzzle focus). It's the only thing about this game that bugs me. Going with the grid probably helped them trim tons of dollars off their art/programming budget, though.

Stingray

Sentinel

August 19th, 2013, 23:15
Originally Posted by Infinitron View Post
I'm sure the final version will have more puzzles.
Yeah the seems to be the dark point of the game and I don't see such gameplay working without a good focus on this, with secrets, traps, tricks.

Ihaterpg

Banned

August 19th, 2013, 23:22
Originally Posted by HiddenX View Post
Puzzles:
….
Ouch, none are puzzles, all are riddles. The problem of riddles is to be too much only text based and it can be a block for people without an excellent knowledge of the language…. And if you disagree it's typically because of a language problem I read those words riddle and puzzle as their closer equivalent in my own language.

Ihaterpg

Banned

August 19th, 2013, 23:48
I learned more of the English language by playing English CRPGs, watching English movies and reading English books than by studying it in school

(Type a sentence here and there at a certain website called RPGWatch helps, too)

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Donor

August 20th, 2013, 00:16
Originally Posted by HiddenX View Post
I learned more of the English language by playing English CRPGs, watching English movies and reading English books than by studying it in school

(Type a sentence here and there at a certain website called RPGWatch helps, too)
Yeah but it requires some base skills and appetite, not all players have it and end like you did. Ok I'm not that much against riddles and enjoyed the black one. There's also some in Legend of Grimrock generally building hints for finding stuff or for some stuff more puzzle like, and all in all I survived and enjoyed but one which I still think was badly written and one I get stuck because of words misunderstanding (believed know a word but didn't). Also one (or two) was too enigmatic for me and I don't think the language was the real problem.

Fool's Errand, amazing game but too many stuff around language and I gave up. I mean that riddles and languages based "puzzles" need be used with moderation in a general game like a RPG.

Ihaterpg

Banned

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Might & Magic X - Video and Images