|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Gothic 3 » Gothic 3 is nauseating

Default Gothic 3 is nauseating

August 22nd, 2013, 20:40
I have finally started to play Gothic 3. I have patch1.75.14. Problem with the game is the movement. I get nauseated watching the movement; kind of like vertigo. I tried sensitivity + and - 100% and smoothing the same and it is still sickening to watch. Honestly I get dizzy during the training fight and can't watch it anymore after that. How do I smooth everything down? I am running details at highest rating; doubt if that does anything

max killen

Watcher

August 22nd, 2013, 20:59
I lowered the detail settings to low and that smoothed things out. I will try it on medium settings

max killen

Watcher

August 31st, 2013, 03:55
You're giving me bad memories. That was just one of the reasons I could never get into the game…

Grangokhan

Watchdog

August 31st, 2013, 04:28
This is the first time I've ever heard of anyone experiencing that with Gothic 3.

I actually have that problem with Gothic 1&2 if I haven't played them in awhile. Something about the way the camera moves in those games makes me a little dizzy, but the feeling goes away after a short while.

The camera movement is tighter in Gothic 3 though, and I never had that same feeling.

JDR13

SasqWatch

September 4th, 2013, 14:10
I have that problem in quite a few shooters, but rarely when I play in 3rd person view. Happy to hear the solution was that simple, as it's a rather good game.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

January 9th, 2014, 06:23
Maybe you guys didn't spend enough time on the whizzy-dizzy as children.

Pogmog

Traveler

January 13th, 2014, 09:21
I get motion sickness in games that have a strange field of view (FOV) settings, I believe. The original Wolfenstein, for example, made me literally want to vomit after 10 minutes. Same for an offroad-racing game I can't remember the name of. Most games are fine though. Haven't played Gothic 3 so I can't comment on that.

"Mystery is important. To know everything, to know the whole truth, is dull. There is no magic in that. Magic is not knowing, magic is wondering about what and how and where." ~ Cortez, from The Longest Journey

Arhu

Feline Wizard
RPGWatch Team

January 13th, 2014, 10:25
I also had this in the original Wolfenstein, and later in Need for Speed games. I noticed that in newer games I get the nauseating feeling if 'motion blur' is on. But I'm not sure if G3 even has such a setting.

Elwro

Filthy Codex Spy

January 13th, 2014, 10:44
I get motion sickness in quite a few games with first person view. Hardly ever happens in 3rd person though.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

January 16th, 2014, 22:59
The only bad time for me was the boat sequences in Halflife 2. I'd steer for a bit. Then lay down a bit. Ad nauseum.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

January 17th, 2014, 00:23
Yeah I remember the jumping animation in particular. So fake, you could almost see the stings as the motion capture guy was lifted up.

Never had a problem with nausea issues my self though, But someone else probably have, maybe there is a mod out there that can help you.

Firestorm

exp Looter

January 17th, 2014, 00:49
Gotten sick in games only twice ever. First, of course, was Descent (who didn't?); second was Half-life - never got to know what was so special about Gordon Feeman because of it.

Drithius

Misbegotten Alien

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Gothic 3 » Gothic 3 is nauseating