Gothic 3 Gothic 3 is nauseating

max killen

Watchdog
I have finally started to play Gothic 3. I have patch1.75.14. Problem with the game is the movement. I get nauseated watching the movement; kind of like vertigo. I tried sensitivity + and - 100% and smoothing the same and it is still sickening to watch. Honestly I get dizzy during the training fight and can't watch it anymore after that. How do I smooth everything down? I am running details at highest rating; doubt if that does anything

I lowered the detail settings to low and that smoothed things out. I will try it on medium settings

You're giving me bad memories. That was just one of the reasons I could never get into the game...

This is the first time I've ever heard of anyone experiencing that with Gothic 3.

I actually have that problem with Gothic 1&2 if I haven't played them in awhile. Something about the way the camera moves in those games makes me a little dizzy, but the feeling goes away after a short while.

The camera movement is tighter in Gothic 3 though, and I never had that same feeling.

I have that problem in quite a few shooters, but rarely when I play in 3rd person view. Happy to hear the solution was that simple, as it's a rather good game.

Maybe you guys didn't spend enough time on the whizzy-dizzy as children. :p

I get motion sickness in games that have a strange field of view (FOV) settings, I believe. The original Wolfenstein, for example, made me literally want to vomit after 10 minutes. Same for an offroad-racing game I can't remember the name of. Most games are fine though. Haven't played Gothic 3 so I can't comment on that.

I also had this in the original Wolfenstein, and later in Need for Speed games. I noticed that in newer games I get the nauseating feeling if 'motion blur' is on. But I'm not sure if G3 even has such a setting.

I get motion sickness in quite a few games with first person view. Hardly ever happens in 3rd person though.

Yeah I remember the jumping animation in particular. So fake, you could almost see the stings as the motion capture guy was lifted up.

Never had a problem with nausea issues my self though, But someone else probably have, maybe there is a mod out there that can help you.

Gotten sick in games only twice ever. First, of course, was Descent (who didn't?); second was Half-life - never got to know what was so special about Gordon Feeman because of it.

Back
Top Bottom