|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Gothic 3 » Can't learn skills - possible glitch?

Default Can't learn skills - possible glitch?

February 23rd, 2014, 12:04
I am wondering if there might be a glitch that I'm not aware of. I seem to be unable to learn skills almost all of the time. I will pay for them (LP and gold), and the message comes up saying I've learned the skill, but they do not show up in my skills inventory. This has happened literally dozens of times thus far. I am able to use the same window box that comes up when you talk to the character, pay LP and gold for strength, endurance, etc., and that works just fine. However, my character is unable to learn the skills, even though it says they are learned. Is this a weird glitch? I certainly do not like it, and I can increase in strength, knowledge of alchemy, magic, etc. but cannot use the weapons or brew the potions I should have the skills to do. These skills are usually built after completing a quest of some sort for the teacher of the skills, and then paying the required amount in LP and gold. Again, the words come up on the screen showing that I have learned the skill, the gold and LPs are taken, but I don't actually get the skill. Any suggestions? This is very frustrating. Also, I do have the community patch 1.75 installed.

HLR

Traveler

February 23rd, 2014, 15:47
Originally Posted by HLR View Post
I am wondering if there might be a glitch that I'm not aware of. I seem to be unable to learn skills almost all of the time. I will pay for them (LP and gold), and the message comes up saying I've learned the skill, but they do not show up in my skills inventory. This has happened literally dozens of times thus far. I am able to use the same window box that comes up when you talk to the character, pay LP and gold for strength, endurance, etc., and that works just fine. However, my character is unable to learn the skills, even though it says they are learned. Is this a weird glitch? I certainly do not like it, and I can increase in strength, knowledge of alchemy, magic, etc. but cannot use the weapons or brew the potions I should have the skills to do. These skills are usually built after completing a quest of some sort for the teacher of the skills, and then paying the required amount in LP and gold. Again, the words come up on the screen showing that I have learned the skill, the gold and LPs are taken, but I don't actually get the skill. Any suggestions? This is very frustrating. Also, I do have the community patch 1.75 installed.
It has been a very long while since I played it, but I think that you should be at the correct level or have the correct attribute before being able to use a specific weapon or brewing a particular potion. That should be indicated on the skills screen.

You can access the manual here:
http://www.replacementdocs.com/download.php?view.7820

SpoonFULL

Keeper of the Watch

February 24th, 2014, 02:54
Well, I'm still not sure what the problem is. However, I have come up with a solution in the meantime. I found the codes to gain the skills through Marvin mode. I add them this way after I have actually paid for them, so I have earned them (just for whatever reason it doesn't add the skills to my inventory and I can't use them). When I add them in Marvin mode, what do you know—they're there! I guess this will be my workaround to whatever is causing this glitch.

HLR

Traveler

February 24th, 2014, 03:00
What's Marvin mode?

btw I've never heard of the issue you're experiencing. With or without the community patch. If it happened to me, I would have reinstalled the game.

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

February 24th, 2014, 06:10
Marvin Mode is the Cheat Console command.

greywolf00

Sentinel

February 24th, 2014, 11:21
Never used that in Gothic games.

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Gothic 3 » Can't learn skills - possible glitch?