|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » XCOM: Enemy Within - Preview @ Games.on.net

Default XCOM: Enemy Within - Preview @ Games.on.net

August 25th, 2013, 01:03
Games.on.net has a new preview of XCOM: Enemy Within.

At the start of the month, when XCOM: Enemy Within appeared on the Korean Game Ratings Board list, it caused a brief flurry of attention. What could it be? Was it an expansion to Enemy Unknown? Was it a translation error?

Well, we’ve been chatting to Firaxis, and now we know the answer — both. Well, not the translation error, sure. But Enemy Within is more than just an expansion to Enemy Unknown, while at the same time slotting in neatly within it.

“Ananda Gupta, the lead designer on the expansion, started work as we were wrapping up on XCOM: Enemy Unknown, and the team rolled into this pretty much as soon as they finished work on the Slingshot DLC,” said Firaxis to us in an interview. “It’s amazing how much content the team produced in such a short time: New maps (almost 50% as many as the original game), new soldier classes and abilities, new weapons, and new alien types.”

According to Firaxis, the expansion all takes place within “the context of the main invasion” of Enemy Unknown. “A lot of the value comes from the fact that it gives you more choices within that campaign, which really gives it a level of replayability that people expect from a Firaxis game, or the original XCOM.”
More information.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

August 25th, 2013, 01:03
Very nice. I thoroughly enjoyed EU and am looking forward to replay it with this tacked on.

Drithius

Misbegotten Alien

August 25th, 2013, 01:16
49.99 on pc and 69.99 on console??

I assume that's not US pricing?

sakichop

SasqWatch

August 25th, 2013, 01:44
Not sure I'm totally sold on the mech idea, would prefer my soldiers to stay flesh and blood really. Sort of reminds me of Panzerklein in Silent Storm, which was pretty dumb.

Roq

Seeker
RPGWatch Donor

August 26th, 2013, 12:44
Originally Posted by Roq View Post
Not sure I'm totally sold on the mech idea, would prefer my soldiers to stay flesh and blood really. Sort of reminds me of Panzerklein in Silent Storm, which was pretty dumb.
For me, this killed what was, and still is, a great game. Thank God someone out there made a no-PK mod.

Capt. Huggy Face

Magicky Utok

August 26th, 2013, 21:06
Originally Posted by sakichop View Post
49.99 on pc and 69.99 on console??

I assume that's not US pricing?
The PC version isn't a bad deal for someone who doesn't already own the original game, but I'll be disappointed if they're not offering an upgrade version for people who already purchased XCOM:EU.

JDR13

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » XCOM: Enemy Within - Preview @ Games.on.net