|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » WoW - Blizzard Not Oppposed to F2P

Default WoW - Blizzard Not Oppposed to F2P

August 26th, 2013, 00:16
In a new article with Polygon Lead Designer Tom Chilton said Blizzard has no problem turning Warcraft into a F2P MMO.

Blizzard is no longer opposed to the idea of re-inventing the MMO as a free-to-play title, Chilton added, although the team is still unsure of the success rate of free-to-play games over time.

"For Blizzard it makes sense [to go free-to-play] at some point. But a lot of the risk is in making that transition. You hear stories about developers going free-to-play and getting double the number of players, but you don't always know it works out that way and how long it stays that way. We really don't know what the rate is before people drop off and lose interest."
More information.

"Beware the potato for he is easily angered."- Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

August 26th, 2013, 00:16
So WoW is going f2p and a here comes whole bunch of us suckers who refused to pay monthly taxes to a whatnot company instead funding our own government.

In your dreams Blizzard. In this case I'd rather spend all my money on Origin or uPlay instead of letting Blizzard milk me.

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

August 26th, 2013, 00:40
Take away the whining about F2P, subscriptions, respawning, "hack'n'slash"(late by about a decade) and the sensationalism surrounding everything Bioware-related the Watch will be left with 1/3 of the posts it gets these days.

I'd just like to interject here and point out that I'm not going to say anything to spoil the mood, Chief. I'll just float here and watch. Don't mind me, just sitting here, floating and watching, that's me.

Kostas

Dormant Watcher

August 26th, 2013, 12:08
If it went F2P, then their servers would explode.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » WoW - Blizzard Not Oppposed to F2P