|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General Non-RPG » Star Trek’s USS Voyager Recreated in Minecraft

Default Star Trek’s USS Voyager Recreated in Minecraft

September 4th, 2013, 23:58
Check out this rather impressive construction via PGamer.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/09/04/st…-in-minecraft/

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

September 5th, 2013, 01:07
I really like Minecraft. And Star Trek is alright (not so much Voyager), but watching that video just makes me wonder if stuff such as this is why there aren't that many dreamers/doers in contemporary society. The distractions of fantasy are too easily facilitated these days. I know, hardly something to bemoan on a gaming sight, but what if all that time and passion had been redirected into something tangible…

Drithius

Misbegotten Alien

September 5th, 2013, 01:34
No kidding. A lot of time spent transforming someone else's model (which is a model of someone else's imagination) into another, neither of which correspond to anything in the real world nor can be used in the real world, except for visual appreciation.

Art? I don't know. Maybe? Is art wasteful? I suppose it depends on the person (being a fan of Voyager or not). Not me to judge.

Funny, when I think about gaming and virtual world distractions, I sometimes worry we may suffer the fate of the Talosians, oddly enough, a Star Trek race. Ridiculous, perhaps, but not that far from the truth sometimes it seems.

Increased escapism in diffcult times may be casting its shadow, more than anything else, though. Fewer opportunities to do significant things in the real world, leads to more elaborated fantasies…
Last edited by Thrasher; September 5th, 2013 at 01:50.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Games » General Non-RPG » Star Trek’s USS Voyager Recreated in Minecraft