|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General MMORPG » MMO's and digital downloads

Default MMO's and digital downloads

July 21st, 2007, 16:39
Originally Posted by roqua View Post
Whose with me?
*wipes tear of laughter from corner of eye* … I am . Though I'm into slightly more spectacular stuff. You know, every time I drive down one of our Autobahns and one of those slow f… gets in my way, I get this fantasy from that James Bond movie where James had a couple of Sidewinder missiles conveniently installed in the radiator grill of his Aston Martin (I think it was). Lock on. Switch. Flip. Boom. And the road ahead is a clear one…
My alternative fantasy revolves around a pair of 30mm guns installed on the front bumper. Have you ever seen an AH-64 Apache combat heli or an A-10 Warthog fire their 30mm board guns? It's kinda like the Texas Chainsaw Massacre except that Texas will be anywhere that you take these puppies and minus the chainsaw. It's pure pwnage. And people who drive slow in the fast lane definitely deserve to get pwned hard .

Moriendor

Spielkind

July 21st, 2007, 20:59
Originally Posted by Moriendor View Post
*wipes tear of laughter from corner of eye* … I am . Though I'm into slightly more spectacular stuff. You know, every time I drive down one of our Autobahns and one of those slow f… gets in my way, I get this fantasy from that James Bond movie where James had a couple of Sidewinder missiles conveniently installed in the radiator grill of his Aston Martin (I think it was). Lock on. Switch. Flip. Boom. And the road ahead is a clear one…
My alternative fantasy revolves around a pair of 30mm guns installed on the front bumper. Have you ever seen an AH-64 Apache combat heli or an A-10 Warthog fire their 30mm board guns? It's kinda like the Texas Chainsaw Massacre except that Texas will be anywhere that you take these puppies and minus the chainsaw. It's pure pwnage. And people who drive slow in the fast lane definitely deserve to get pwned hard .
That sounds like a good plan except you won't be able to see the, "I was wrong about everything. I'm slow and I deserve to die. I wish I picked up the pace and let normal people move about at acceptable speeds," look of sadness and regret in their eyes as you repetedly plung your blade in and out of their torso while cackeling madly. But thats little enough to miss if you get to shoot missiles and blow crap up like James Bond. He obviously isn't using his liscense to kill very wisely, as we would.

roqua

Sentinel

July 21st, 2007, 23:25
Yeah, James Bond is a politically correct wussy.
And good point there about the missing out on a real fun aspect of the seemingly boring stabbing. Doesn't life suck? You always gotta make compromises. Even when it comes to killing dumb, slow people *sigh*.

Can't wait for Jack Thompson to find this thread…

Moriendor

Spielkind

July 22nd, 2007, 05:02
It's not our fault, we are victims of evil, mind-altering video games. Maybe we can sue someone for damages? Maybe Jack will take our case (and after we get our money we'll stab him. He looks like he just might be a passing-lane cruiser).

roqua

Sentinel

July 22nd, 2007, 09:46
roqua you are a paradox. you prefer games that require patience/planning and don't drag you along into the stream of a story like an interactive and seamless movie. but in real life you are quickdraw mcgraw. i may just have to change my username to confusion lives.

also stabbing is so wes craven and his cronies. nothings beats a club. its more brutal, yet less psychotic than blades. come on now would stabbing seal really be amusing?

and i concur that it is bs that an online game doesn't have a download option. after 2 evenings of the beta i had my fill of mediocrity. considered it a blessing to your bank account theres no download.

curiously undead

tuned to a different freq

July 22nd, 2007, 19:41
I'm less of a paradox if you take everything I say with a grain of salt. Good point with the clubbing. And I wouldn't club or stab a seal unless one impeded my progress or tasted delicous.

roqua

Sentinel

October 16th, 2007, 02:42
I am almost finished downloading Everquest 2 right now (I bought the entire thing with everything…), it was a 7 gig download and has taken 2 days. I want a change of MMO and Everquest 2 is pretty much the best MMO on the market right now, content-wise. I actually have 4-6 months more to wait until the next big MMOs come out (Darkfall is likely coming in 2008) and I am done with World of Warcraft. I got to the highest level 70 and did Battlegrounds until my fingers bled. So… I won.

I wanted a change in MMOs so I am currently playing EVE Online and Everquest II.

— this just in: I am probably not as retarded as previously assumed!

Ammon777

Sentinel

October 16th, 2007, 21:39
7 gigs would take me a week to d/l because my bandwith is limited to 1g / day even though the connection itself is very fast (without bandwith limit it would take only 2-3h to d/l). I hate this connection but Im forced to pay for it in rent whether I use it or not. It makes digital d/l and demostuff very annoying to get.

zakhal

HomelyRebel

October 17th, 2007, 02:16
Man, Zak, I would absolutely hate that. :/

— this just in: I am probably not as retarded as previously assumed!

Ammon777

Sentinel

RPGWatch Forums » Games » General MMORPG » MMO's and digital downloads