|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » Website Help

Default Website Help

September 3rd, 2013, 17:18
Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone here runs a website. If so, where do you host?

I'm thinking about starting up a website based around comics and manga, with myself on comics, and a friend who's currently in Tokyo. We'll probably start off quite small, focusing on smaller, more independent books to begin with. I have some contacts in that side of industry, and lets face it, indie books deserve more publicity. Not to say we wouldn't cover bigger stuff, but it wouldn't be the thrust of the site.

Unfortunately, I know approximately nothing about starting a website, and as such have been asking advice from everybody I know. I've done a bit of work for a few sites in the past, but they aren't exactly keen to help any potential competition (funnily enough).

In my travels online, I've come across http://www.1and1.com/linux-web-hosting and was thinking about giving them a go

Have any of you guys had any experience with them? Or do you have your own site?

EDIT: Forgot to say thank you for reading. How rude!

Becca43

Traveler

September 3rd, 2013, 17:20
Dunno about sitehosting but am definetly interested in Fullmetal Alchemist manga.
But as usual, the pain in my ar… neck is Square Enix with their overcomplicated and nearimpossible distribution/shipping worldwide.

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

September 3rd, 2013, 17:22
definetly interested in Fullmetal Alchemist manga.
Never read it (my manga knowledge is embarrassing, something i need to fix), but my pal I mentioned never stops talking about it.

Becca43

Traveler

September 3rd, 2013, 19:15
1and1 is one of Germany's biggest internet providers. One of the standard choices to take into consideration if you want DSL or want to purchase web hosting. I'm not sure how good or bad this exact offer is though.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

September 4th, 2013, 12:02
I'm not sure how good or bad this exact offer is though.
At the moment I'm still digging around to see what's what. This was one I came across that thought was worth an investigation. Cheers for the info

Becca43

Traveler

September 4th, 2013, 12:19
I usually use http://www.one.com very cheap, and stable ( my website is almost never down )

GothicGothicness

SasqWatch

September 4th, 2013, 13:09
Oooh I'll give that a looksee. Thank you!

Becca43

Traveler

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » Website Help