|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Torchlight II - No Console Release

Default Torchlight II - No Console Release

September 9th, 2013, 18:38
If your waiting to play Torchlight II on the console your out of luck. VG 24/7 has the news were the developers said there was never any plans to do so.

When asked whether the firm had plans to bring the RPG over to current or next-gen systems, we were told there were “no plans for Torchlight 2 on consoles,” as noted above.

The original Torchlight was released on Xbox 360 back in March 2011, after being announced for the console as well as PlayStation 3 in August 2010; however, since Microsoft became the acting publisher for the XBLA release, the PS3 version was scrapped.

When asked what other nuggets of wonder were being concocted in the bubbling stew over at Runic, we were told that the firm wasn’t at liberty to “share yet what may be in development,” but they’d be happy to let us known when something concrete was ready to be announced.
More information.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

September 9th, 2013, 18:38
From a marketing perspective, that seems… questionable. But then again no PC version was made of Red Dead Redemption, so perhaps the porting costs can outweigh the potential income for even a well-received title. (OTOH, there is this rumor.)
Last edited by rjshae; September 9th, 2013 at 18:54.

rjshae

Bob
RPGWatch Donor

September 9th, 2013, 19:36
I skipped the first one even though it was on a console because it had no couch co-op, looks like I'll be skipping this one too.

I'm only a minor fan of Diablo-like RPGs. They are only fun when playing with someone else, otherwise they get too repetitive for me.

TimtheTaxMan

Watcher

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Torchlight II - No Console Release