|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dark Souls II - No PC Beta Testing

Default Dark Souls II - No PC Beta Testing

September 6th, 2013, 01:18
IncGamers has news of no Dark Souls 2 beta testing planned for the PC from Namco Bandai. This doesn't sound good to me, but we shall see.

With a pair of beta sessions planned for Dark Souls II on the PS3 (12 October and 27 October respectively,) we here at IncGamers wondered if there would be any sort of equivalent coming for the PC version of the game.

Unfortunately, the answer appears to be “nope.” A representative from Namco Bandai told us that there is “Nothing for the PC build at the moment I’m afraid. I’ll let you know if we get more news.”

That’s a bit of a shame, especially as the PC was said to be the “lead development platform” for Dark Souls II this time around. Still, as long as we get a version with proper resolution, graphics and control support this time, all should be well.
More information.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

September 6th, 2013, 01:18
I'm betting this isn't a programming "beta test", it's a marketing "beta test". They do these now just to give people a preview. Kinda nice, actually, though I wish they would just call them previews.

I expect the PC is being left out because somebody would likely hack it to run forever and send it out over the torrents.

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dark Souls II - No PC Beta Testing