|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Ultima IV C64 - Available On The iTunes App Store

Default Ultima IV C64 - Available On The iTunes App Store

September 9th, 2013, 20:50
Elite Systems has released Ultima IV C64 for free on the iTunes App Store.

‘Ultima IV: C64’ is a near 100% replica of the original version developed by Origin Systems in 1985, available free of charge - courtesy of Mythic studios - utilizing Elite System’s C64: Elite Collection technology.

SET FORTH ON GRAND ADVENTURES

The evil triad of Mondain, Minax, and the hellspawn Exodus has been vanquished but evil yet abounds, in isolated pockets and in the hearts of men. A new age awaits the coming of one who can conquer evil through mastery of both magic and the use of force. Daemons, dragons, and long-dead wizards plague the countryside and must be destroyed.

WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE GOOD?

Ultima IV challenges not only your physical and mental skills, but the true fabric of your moral character, breaking traditional “kill the bad guy to save the world” clichés.

BATTLE ENEMIES IN STRATEGIC COMBAT

The seeker on the path of the Avatar will face hostile groups composed of mixed enemy types and will survive such encounters only by strategic use of weapons and terrain. Earthly victories over seemingly impossible odds lead to the final conflict, where the ultimate challenge awaits.

ULTIMA IV: C64 GAMEPLAY FEATURES:

•Digital copies of materials included in the original Ultima IV including the ‘Player Reference Card by Lord British,’ ‘History of Britannia as told by Kyle the Younger,’ ‘Book of Mystic Wisdom as told by Philpop the Weary,’ ‘Ultima IV Map of Britannia,’ and assorted images
•Helpful in-game guide to help you master gameplay as well as an in-depth gameplay guide for Beginners, courtesy of GameFAQS **Spoiler Alert**
•Enjoy playing Ultima IV in portrait or landscape mode
•Automatically save your game each time you exit with up to four save game slots
More information.
Last edited by Couchpotato; September 9th, 2013 at 22:26.

Couchpotato

Evil Potato Overlord
RPGWatch Team

September 9th, 2013, 20:50
At 130mb it's a little larger than the original

Probably unplayable on my old ipod touch, but giving it a go

kalniel

SasqWatch

September 9th, 2013, 22:33
It's funny how much better the Nintendo and sega master system releases looked though. Guess it's not actually that suprising considering the NES release at least was 5 years later. Don't really remember what was different between those and the C64 version besides the graphics.

http://games.svatopluk.com/U/Ultima/4/nes.htm

jhwisner

SasqWatch

Default terrible

September 10th, 2013, 00:48
Aside from the obvious marketing ploy that this release is, "please play our cash shop ultima". . .

It crashes on my iPhone 4s and my iPad 1 often enough to make it unplayable on either.

iLkRehp

Traveler

September 10th, 2013, 03:09
Just played a little while. It might be ok on an iPad, but on a small iPhone screen it was hard for me to see. The screen shots don't show that half of your screen area is taken up with a virtual keyboard.

Xian

Sentinel

September 10th, 2013, 14:41
tablets is where gaming is, I couldn't play on my phone.

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Ultima IV C64 - Available On The iTunes App Store