|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Mass Effect Trilogy - Under $12 at GMG

Default Mass Effect Trilogy - Under $12 at GMG

September 10th, 2013, 17:46
Saying "some" of the DLC is not included is a bit of an understatement. Very little of the story DLC across the entire series, aside from Zaeed and Bring down the sky, is included.

Missing plot and squadmate DLC include:

ME2:
Kasumi
Overlord
Lair of the Shadowbroker

ME3:
From Ashes
Omega
Leviathan
Citadel

Most of those are at least worth playing but certainly not worth the current asking price as it adds up to well over the cost of the entire series at this sale price. Probably more accurate to say very little of the DLC in the 2nd game and pretty much none from the third game are included.

Still not a bad deal for what you get, but it might be less than you expect if you don't realize that almost none of the substantive DLCs beyond two for the first game are included in the package.
Last edited by jhwisner; September 10th, 2013 at 17:58.
jhwisner is offline

jhwisner

SasqWatch

#21

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,510

Default 

September 10th, 2013, 19:01
Originally Posted by Cacheperl View Post
So the game does get better over time? Sounds like a case of nostalgia.
No just tired of the same bitching in every topic.
Originally Posted by jhwisner View Post
Most of those are at least worth playing but certainly not worth the current asking price as it adds up to well over the cost of the entire series at this sale price. Probably more accurate to say very little of the DLC in the 2nd game and pretty much none from the third game are included.

Still not a bad deal for what you get, but it might be less than you expect if you don't realize that almost none of the substantive DLCs beyond two for the first game are included in the package.
Dragon Age Ultimate was the last game from Bioware with all the dlc, and I don't see them changing now. I don't like like it but their making more money offering the dlc separately.

"Beware the potato for he is easily angered."- Couchpotato
Last edited by Couchpotato; September 10th, 2013 at 20:07.
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

#22

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Potato Land
Posts: 8,689

Default 

September 10th, 2013, 20:33
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
No just tired of the same bitching in every topic.
-Can I ask why are you using term "bitching"?
-I thought that bitching could look like: "yeah, spend over 10$ for such EA/BioWare CRAP, fuck them what they did to shepard - so many plotholes! assholes! i hate you bioware, u ruined my life i cannot sleep now coz shepard wont sleep with Liara/Tali/Garrus or Anderson again!!2111!11 i wont buy/pirate ur shit again!"
-my post was rather satirical, though I'm pretty sure that accurate for many ME fans
Misha is offline

Misha

SasqWatch

#23

Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 87

Default 

September 10th, 2013, 20:45
Originally Posted by jhwisner View Post
Saying "some" of the DLC is not included is a bit of an understatement. Very little of the story DLC across the entire series, aside from Zaeed and Bring down the sky, is included.

Missing plot and squadmate DLC include:

ME2:
Kasumi
Overlord
Lair of the Shadowbroker

ME3:
From Ashes
Omega
Leviathan
Citadel
I think Pinnacle Station is included, too, for ME1.
Funny thing: Several useless item packages are included with ME2. Yeay. Wonder why that is.
Cacheperl is offline

Cacheperl

Sentinel

#24

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 273

Default 

September 10th, 2013, 21:15
Originally Posted by Cacheperl View Post
I think Pinnacle Station is included, too, for ME1.
Funny thing: Several useless item packages are included with ME2. Yeay. Wonder why that is.
Yeah I didn't mention those in my list of not-included DLC because well… they're included in the PS3 and PC versions. The PS3 version also gets the complete ME2 (as was availible at retail as the only PS3 version). It says that the ME1 DLC (which the PC and PS3 get for free) are availible for xbox users on xbox live… but I am not sure if it means they are included in the price or simply available in that they can buy them if they want. Of course I guess I'm being a bit off topic as neither of those are relevant directly to the sale.
jhwisner is offline

jhwisner

SasqWatch

#25

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,510

Default ME3 Ending Fail

September 10th, 2013, 22:22
Originally Posted by rune_74 View Post
Mass effect a horrible failure? Really? In what universe.
I should have been more specific. It is a storytelling failure. The ending completely ruined the careful lore and story they had been building. Sure the game sold like crazy and the graphics, gameplay, and teammates were all great.

But speaking strictly on the narrative, it was an ultimate fail. It invoked deus ex machina, violated its own lore, and made pretty much no sense.

If you are truly interested in the literary merits of the ending, here's an article I wrote a while back about the topic.
Brumbek is offline

Brumbek

Watchdog

#26

Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 150

Default 

September 10th, 2013, 22:44
I think they only good excuse for a deus ex machina ending in a game is that your game is called Deus Ex.
Cacheperl is offline

Cacheperl

Sentinel

#27

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 273

Default 

September 11th, 2013, 02:10
Originally Posted by Eron View Post
I pulled the trigger on this and dragon age ultimate bundle… I feel unclean having origin and the need to use it.. but whats my alternative?
Oh man… the DA bundle goes on sale on Steam for 75% off several times a year!
jpnole is offline

jpnole

Traveler

#28

Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 16

Default 

September 11th, 2013, 20:42
Originally Posted by Cacheperl View Post
I think they only good excuse for a deus ex machina ending in a game is that your game is called Deus Ex.
Ha yeah, except the ironic thing is not even any of the Deus Ex games use deus ex machina. The writers of all three games were way too smart for that. The endings of all three Deus Ex games logical flow from the rest of the narrative, giving the player a choice on what to do, but all choices do flow from the narrative.

Did I mention I absolutely adore all three Deus Ex games???
Brumbek is offline

Brumbek

Watchdog

#29

Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 150

Default 

September 11th, 2013, 23:30
Originally Posted by Brumbek View Post
Did I mention I absolutely adore all three Deus Ex games???
There are only two Deus Ex games. DX and DX:HR.
JDR13 is offline

JDR13

JDR13's Avatar
SasqWatch

#30

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida, US
Posts: 17,449

Default 

September 11th, 2013, 23:43
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
There are only two Deus Ex games. DX and DX:HR.
No there are three but that's all right. Most couldn't handle the greatness of Deus Ex: Invisible War. Oh well it's their loss.

Note-(This is a joke and not anything serious)

"Beware the potato for he is easily angered."- Couchpotato
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

#31

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Potato Land
Posts: 8,689

Default 

September 12th, 2013, 00:29
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
There are only two Deus Ex games. DX and DX:HR.
Oh cmon now! Sure Invisible War had gameplay issues. Everybody agrees. Still it is a true sequel to Deus Ex, 100% pure in its story and characters, made by the original developers. Hence, it is a must-play on story alone. But yes…it isn't one you want to replay…unlike DX1 and DX:HR.
Brumbek is offline

Brumbek

Watchdog

#32

Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 150
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Mass Effect Trilogy - Under $12 at GMG
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:40.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright by RPGWatch