|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Lichdom - A New Single-Player RPG

Default Lichdom - A New Single-Player RPG

September 27th, 2013, 20:16
Graphics look good but fights are obvious crap and seems there's nothing else in it.

Ihaterpg

Banned

September 27th, 2013, 20:50
Looks like the graphic quality is much worse in the latest video. :/ Not very impressive.

If the gameplay is anything like Dark Messiah though, I'm buying this.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

September 27th, 2013, 21:44
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
Actually, dunno if I liked it. I liked the presentation. But it would be a shame if such great visuals are just a diablo clone in firstperson engine.

I still didn't start Dishonored (bought it when JDR said it's good and have it installed for a couple of months already). Arx Fatalis is an awsome game and I can't understand they've never made a sequel.

so I guess this is Arx Fatalis 2 then?

Developer of The Wizard's Grave Android game. Discussion Thread:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22520

Lucky Day

Daywatch

September 27th, 2013, 22:38
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Well gone are the days of pure RPGs the Era of cross genre pollution is the future. This is actually nothing new as it has been happening for years.
Exactly, It is my believe that hard core CRPG players have always been the cutting edge gamers. Not because we seek the latest in graphic candy but we're always on the look out for RPGs. A developer would be smart to throw a few RPG terms in their description and hope one of us folks comes tripping into their website, pintrest, Facebook, tweet. what ever to get some hits.

I'm always on the look out for RPGs. We even had a nice thread going here this week about how the Watch could handle any new RPGs on KickStarter.

They love us. They want our interest. They want out dollars.

Dajjer

Keeper of the Watch

September 27th, 2013, 23:06
Kind of like Borderlands with spells? Potentially cool. I have a hard time when there's so much magic/explosions/effects on screen, but that's just me.

Ovenall

Keeper of the Watch

September 28th, 2013, 00:14
Way too busy for this old gamer. I like a slower paced game than the frantic pace that trailer showed. If they show non-combat stuff, perhaps I'll change my mind, but this sounds like Dark Souls, not Skyrim.

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

September 28th, 2013, 17:52
That guy in the video sure got hit a lot.

Zombra

Watcher

September 28th, 2013, 18:35
Originally Posted by Dajjer View Post
Exactly, It is my believe that hard core CRPG players have always been the cutting edge gamers. Not because we seek the latest in graphic candy but we're always on the look out for RPGs. A developer would be smart to throw a few RPG terms in their description and hope one of us folks comes tripping into their website, pintrest, Facebook, tweet. what ever to get some hits.

I'm always on the look out for RPGs. We even had a nice thread going here this week about how the Watch could handle any new RPGs on KickStarter.

They love us. They want our interest. They want out dollars.
There's RPG and RPG, that's the only game tag to pinpoint an attempt to create a world game. But it embeds many very different genre of games because it's an "arlésienne" and the genres rely on what you develop more or less.

They don't try target the classic RPG gamers that in my opinion believe they are more than they are really, they target the dream power generated by the tag.

Ihaterpg

Banned

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Lichdom - A New Single-Player RPG