|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Cornerstone - Wind Walker Meets Dark Souls

Default Cornerstone - Wind Walker Meets Dark Souls

October 1st, 2013, 13:15
Cornerstone : The Song of Tyrim is another kickstarter asking for $30,000 to release on the PC, Mac, and Linux. It's desribed as a open world action adventure, with an emphasis on exploration, and combat mixed with physics, and player choice.

Cornerstone is an open world action adventure, with an emphasis on exploration and combat mixed with physics and player choice. A game inspired by The Legend of Zelda games and Dark souls.

The world is structured similar to Wind-Waker with a series of islands connected within vast ocean, almost every areas is accessible from the start. The main method of transportation between islands will be by Ship (and don't worry, there will be fast travel).

We’re aiming for an art style that invokes a sense of wonder but at the same time has the ability to charm your socks off. Stylized geometry with simple textures but with realistic rendering, and of course much inspiration will derives from the Viking culture.
More information.

"Frankly Sir /Madam I don't give a damn about your opinion."- Couchpotato
Last edited by Couchpotato; October 1st, 2013 at 22:37.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

October 1st, 2013, 13:15
Not interested in coop and will support it the last day only if it doesn't reach coop stretch goal. If it does reach it, I won't buy it ever.

Other than that, it looks cute and would instapledge if the plan was rich singleplayer experience.

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

October 1st, 2013, 14:02
I just watched the video, and to say this game was "inspired" by TLoZ: Wind Waker is a bit of an understatement. They pretty much flat-out ripped it off.

I don't see the Dark Souls influence though.

JDR13

SasqWatch

October 1st, 2013, 14:07
Neither do I, maybe they named dropped it to get more backers / attention ?

GothicGothicness

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Cornerstone - Wind Walker Meets Dark Souls