|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dark Souls II - Beta Impression & Reddit Info

Default Dark Souls II - Beta Impression & Reddit Info

October 2nd, 2013, 14:45
If your still curious and need more information after the beta video links you can visit the wiki page of Demon Souls for beta impressions.

HERE WE GO! (There will be constant editing and additional info as I notice more and more info on my recording.)

Ok my hour with the beta is up for now, hopefully I can get into the 2 and 3 hour one as well. Lots to talk about and review so I will start with this. The game feels MUCH darker and back to its horror roots. The environment (At least the one I played) and the enemy sounds coupled with the atmosphere and we have a much more wicked dark souls, plain and simple. BTW I LOVED it! The lighting is great especially in darker environments and using a torch feels like the best thing in the world in all that darkness, even the areas that are not so dark feel better. Overall fantastic atmosphere right out of the start, btw ENB was correct, Demons souls esq reference with the merchant character.
You can also check out reddit for a nice list of game details.

More information.
Last edited by Couchpotato; October 2nd, 2013 at 15:06.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

October 2nd, 2013, 14:45
erm, much darker than demon souls?
I only played dark souls, and I don't think you can get any darker than that.
Demon souls feels segmented, mission based, and less gritty from the playthroughs I've seen. So good news )

borcanu

muist

October 2nd, 2013, 14:56
So you there is no way to avoid getting invaded in this version? I really liked how you could choose if you wanted that or not in dark souls…. it might ruin the single player game…

GothicGothicness

SasqWatch

October 2nd, 2013, 15:35
maybe there is a way to escape 90% success

borcanu

muist

October 2nd, 2013, 17:00
Wont you be able to play offline in #2 ?

JonNik

SasqWatch

October 2nd, 2013, 17:07
Originally Posted by GothicGothicness View Post
So you there is no way to avoid getting invaded in this version? I really liked how you could choose if you wanted that or not in dark souls…. it might ruin the single player game…
Well, there's always offline mode.

It seems like there will be some very active anti-invasion covenants, like that "way of the blue" they've mentioned, where when you get invaded a friendly blue phantom will come to your rescue.

Firstly, if you get invaded… Don't panic. Start making your way back towards the last campfire you rested at so if you die your souls will be close to where you respawn. With no fear of losing your souls you should fight with more confidence.

Secondly, there are ways to escape. Walk through fog gates into a boss area and evil phantoms will be banished. Use a Homeward Bone item or the Homeward cleric spell. Hit ALT+F4 would probably work too.

Lastly, don't forget your towel.

SirJames

SasqWatch

October 2nd, 2013, 17:09
I love how they manged to acctually make the Invasion quite creepy, very unlike other MP experiences where you're always aware other people are in your game. It was also quite rare to be invaded which added to this creepiness.

SiiiiLENCE the DISCOOOORD…

vurt

Serial Modderer

October 2nd, 2013, 18:43
Well, the huge sign "XY INVADED YOUR GAME" pretty much gives away any surprises if ya ask me.

I am also concerned by the always-invadable thing, and also the timed coop thing. I understand the reasons for both, but I still don't like them much.
Still, we should also note that Shibuya talked about this in a recent interview, saying they are aware that many players want to be able to avoid invasions, and they are going to give ways. I think we don't see the full system yet.

Soulbane

Seeker of knowledge

October 2nd, 2013, 19:55
Must have missed that completely lol, guess i was too busy not getting killed when i was invanded or something hehe. They really should let it be a surprise, much more fun and scary that way, though i can see how people want to prepare themselves..

SiiiiLENCE the DISCOOOORD…

vurt

Serial Modderer

October 3rd, 2013, 09:19
Yeah, now I have so many souls and all is safe since I've killed everything in this area…. sniper backstab kill by "secret" invading player… nah… probably not a good idea.

GothicGothicness

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dark Souls II - Beta Impression & Reddit Info