|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Age of Wonders 3 - Development Update

Default Age of Wonders 3 - Development Update

October 6th, 2013, 14:33
Age of Wonders 3 has a new post on its development journal this time exploring the wonders of the third age.

In Age of Wonders III there are many mythical locations for your empire to explore and exploit! We’re not talking fabulous cities or the monster dwellings we showed before, but we will look at the more hidden and secret places; like the ruins of a Wizard’s Tower or the Sunken City of an ancient civilization. All of these offer great rewards. These locations have special combat maps associated with it, along with its unique sets of (usually) monstrous guards. High level locations are protected with enchantments posing extra challenge to your adventuring parties.
More information.

Couchpotato

Evil Potato Overlord
RPGWatch Team

October 6th, 2013, 14:33
I hope they'll be able to recapture the essence of what made the first Age of Wonders great to me on the ruins exploration aspect. While Age of Wonders 2 and Shadow Magic were much more visually sophisticated, they never did it right IMHO. As far as I know, I'm not absolutely convinced the idea of making the explored sites provide continuous rewards throughout the game is such a great idea.

Gloo

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Age of Wonders 3 - Development Update