Lords of Xulima - Indiegogo Update #5

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Numantian Games has a new Indiegogo update for Lords of Xulima with more informaton about the tactical combat grid.

Greetings!

In our next several updates we are going to be focusing on the combat system for Lords of Xulima.

Today we're going to talk about the combat grid:

When in combat, the player characters and your enemies are each arranged into two lines: the front line, or vanguard, and the rear line, or defense.

Combatants in the vanguard armed with melee weapons can only attack enemies in the opposing front line. Those armed with missile attacks like bows, crossbows, throwing weapons or spells are able to attack any enemy from any position (though there are some exceptions to this rule). Enemies armed with weapons that have extra reach, like spears or halberds, in the rear lin,e can also make melee attacks against their opponent's front line..

Reach is an important aspect to consider. A combatant armed with a sword on the right wing of the front line will not be able to attack the leftmost enemy of the opposing line. There are times when you will need to use this to your advantage by moving a wounded ally to the rear line or to the far flank of the front line to get them out of the enemies reach.

More information.

This game looks awesome, I hope they get what they are asking for and then some.

Potato, you're a hard worker, man! Keep up the good work of posting these news bits!

Edit - I can't believe this game only raised $6k so far. You would think something like this would be blowing up.

Yeah, this game certainly deserves a lot more. I guess IndieGoGo just doesn't work, you have to be on Kickstarter...

Yeah, this game certainly deserves a lot more. I guess IndieGoGo just doesn't work, you have to be on Kickstarter…

It really is that way. Kickstarter is the standard and what people know and use.

They just don't get enough news and press coverage.

The campaign would be slightly better on Kickstarter, but not much.

I'm also inclined to believe the problem is Indiegogo, seems more like Indienono for the Murricans.

There are many small projects that get 10k or more and look at lot less polished than LoX.

Which makes me think, if Cleve had put Grimoire on Kickstarter...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom