|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » Games Reviews & Comments » Eschalon: Book 1

Default Eschalon: Book 1

July 13th, 2007, 06:37
More information.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

July 13th, 2007, 06:37
Everyone who likes turn-based RPGs should check this out. I'm betting on a fall 2007 release, although I have no actual information.

Fleisch

Traveler

July 13th, 2007, 08:31
We're all quite keen on this game here at the Watch, so as more news becomes available, it will be posted here!!

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

July 13th, 2007, 10:34
Just one look at the screen shots says this is my kind of game, i hope Basilisk Games makes it happen.

I see this is the first of a trilogy, this suggests a devoted developer team with projected plans, i wish them well with Book 1.

Wulf

Inquisitor

July 13th, 2007, 12:00
Yes, this is definitely one that many of us are keeping an eye on - they have been excellent about regular updates, and are very active on their own forums.

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

July 18th, 2007, 05:35
Looks nice. Added it to my list.

zakhal

HomelyRebel

July 25th, 2007, 12:37
Originally Posted by Naruto Uzumaki View Post
can i say somthing where can i download divine divinity
It is still available for purchase - if you are in the US you can go to stores like CompUSA, Best Buy, Target or Walmart and find it in their 'jewel case' section for $9.99. Ebay has plenty of listings, and so do game trading sites. I am fairly sure there is no 'digital download' edition available to buy, and neither is it on Steam. Downloading otherwise would be … um … pirating.

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

August 1st, 2007, 03:32
Is there any information on price, distribution, and availability in the UK ?
(Talking about Eschalon)

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor

Send a message via MSN to Pladio

August 3rd, 2007, 01:21
Originally Posted by Pladio View Post
Is there any information on price, distribution, and availability in the UK ?
(Talking about Eschalon)
Thomas has said they won't set the price until the game is done, but that he expects it'll be in the $25-30 range. I'm guessing that's in American dollars.
As for availability, I believe that because it's primarily a direct download distribution, it'll be available anywhere.

You know the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views, which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.

Gallifrey

Keeper Of Traken

August 3rd, 2007, 19:22
Thank you. Will there be a demo too ?

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor

Send a message via MSN to Pladio

August 5th, 2007, 16:42
Yep, a demo is planned for the same time the game is released.

You know the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views, which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.

Gallifrey

Keeper Of Traken

November 20th, 2007, 15:32
Okay, the demo is out but it is very small. It takes about 2-3 hours to complete if you go everywhere you can walk. You get 2 dungeons, 1 town and some ruined buildings. If the demo is this small, how big is the full game? Anyone know about what percentage the demo covers? Hopefully 5% or less!

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

November 20th, 2007, 18:26
Short and sweet indeed, barely started and it was over, i'll wait for a bit more feedback on the depth-of-play before plunging in at the deep end.

Demo's have to sell the game and pave the way to decent sales returns, will the EB-1 demo achieve this? - time will tell.

Wulf

Inquisitor

November 20th, 2007, 21:05
Really? Did you guys rush through? Took me almost 6hrs to see every inch of the demo. Maybe my char was a bit on the weak side?

chamr

Mounted Highborn

November 20th, 2007, 21:30
I think I played the demo for a good few hours on the first play-through. I'm not sure for how long exactly but it was a couple of days of playing.

Gallifrey

Keeper Of Traken

November 20th, 2007, 22:02
I played a mage, chamr. I can't remember a combat where a monster even reached my character. Just a level 3 dart spell and POOF! they're dead. I took the druid belief system so I could just pop outside to rest for a few minutes if I needed more mana. I might have missed a few things. I didn't have spot hidden, so if there is some hidden dungeons in the first few maps, I missed them.

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

November 27th, 2007, 19:57
After applying the latest patch, classes are much more balanced. I went into the trouble of using a pro too for properly configuring my monitor's brightness and gamma. The cartography skill is no longer necessary after that, I can explore the dungeons just fine. Spot Hidden is still a must for my fighter though. I'm not very far into the game yet, the dialogues are relatively few but I have been enjoying all of them, my favourite being the cleric urging me to get rid of all of my material goods and then reminding me that the church always accepts donations

“Of all the journeys you will undertake in this life, uncovering the secrets you hide from yourself is the most dangerous voyage of all.” – Shyha Tuhlwin, Therish Philosopher

Lethal Weapon

Sentinel

November 28th, 2007, 09:07
Patch v1.03 is available
[FIXED]: Vela has been redesigned a bit to help prevent the accidental failure of a specific quest.
[FIXED]: Hide in Shadows bug.
[FIXED]: Quick Travel with container window open crash.
[FIXED]: Alchemy lab ingredients inconsistency.
[FIXED]: Gravedigger's Amulet notification leaves the Effect Window when amulet is removed.
[FIXED]: Messing around with inventory while wearing a Gravedigger's Amulet no longer spams the message box.
[FIXED]: Enkindled/Enchanted bonues on weapons end appropriately when spell runs out.
[FIXED]: Compress Atmosphere scroll icon properly set.
[FIXED]: Fleeing enemies now avoid leaving the map which can cause problems; also creatures that might already be stuck on the edge of a map are forceably dealt with.
[FIXED]: Quick-swapping weapons while holding an item no longer deletes the held item.
[FIXED]: Yet more typos, and a few map alignment issues.
[FIXED]: Rare occurrence of system hanging when you strike a powder keg with a melee weapon.
[UPDATED]: Random Encounters (while camping) puts enemies in better locations- should no longer trap enemies in trees or in locked rooms.
[BALANCE]: "Divine Ore" quest pays 1000xp, rather than 100xp
http://www.basiliskgames.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=740

Dark Savant

Sentinel

January 15th, 2008, 20:57
Quick question. I haven't downloaded the demo yet, but is the game a single character or party based? Thanks!

blatantninja

Resident Redneck Facist

January 15th, 2008, 21:12
Single character.

VPeric

Sentinel

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » Games Reviews & Comments » Eschalon: Book 1