|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Cosmic Star Heroine - Update #3, Linux Support

Default Cosmic Star Heroine - Update #3, Linux Support

October 9th, 2013, 03:04
Zeboyd Games has posted a new update forCosmic Star Heroinewith news about Linux support, game rewards after Kickstarter, and LV-Up system ideas.

We're happy to announce that Cosmic Star Heroine will be coming out for Linux! We'll work out the details over the coming months but for now, know that if you pick the Computer version of the game, you'll get a Linux version in addition to the Windows & Mac versions for both Steam and DRM-Free.

Several people have asked us about this so yes, the "Digital copies of our previous games on Steam & a digital copy of the complete soundtrack to Precipice of Darkness 4" rewards will be given out soon after the Kickstarter ends.

We've been asked how the LV-Up system in the game will work. With the LV-Up system, we have 3 main goals:

• Easy to understand.
  • Make each character feel unique.
  • Give the player freedom to customize characters.
More information.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

October 9th, 2013, 03:04
90% of the way to succeeding and still no stretch goals. Maybe that's a good thing…

rjshae

Bob
RPGWatch Donor

October 9th, 2013, 03:09
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
90% of the way to succeeding and still no stretch goals. Maybe that's a good thing…
The developer said they have no plans for stretch goals. They think stretch goals get in the way of development, and don't want to fall into a trap offering them.

"Beware the potato for he is easily angered."- Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

October 10th, 2013, 00:11
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
The developer said they have no plans for stretch goals. They think stretch goals get in the way of development, and don't want to fall into a trap offering them.
It's difficult to know whether stretch goals make the slightest bit of difference. I know I haven't been particularly drawn in by any of them and there have been times when I felt let down by some of the added goals. But they can allow more frequent news updates, so they have some publicity value.

rjshae

Bob
RPGWatch Donor

October 10th, 2013, 12:55
I wish stretch goals were done differently, like, allowing you to choose one or something. Many times I'm interested in stretch goal $100K but not in $50K or $75K, so instead each stretch would be independent of each other, and those people want the most would be reached.

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Cosmic Star Heroine - Update #3, Linux Support