|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Politics & Religion » Cruz caves on shutdown, but calls it a personal win

Default Cruz caves on shutdown, but calls it a personal win

October 16th, 2013, 21:59
Asked what he has gained in the last 3 weeks, Cruz says that more than 2 million people signed his petition to defund Obamacare.
So now he's got a kick-ass list of rubes to con more money out of. That's what the last 16 days of shutdown has been all about.
Ted Cruz caves on shutdown, but calls it a personal win

LOL, just LOL! At what cost to the country and its people? What a selfish prick. Where's a guillotine when you need one?

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

October 16th, 2013, 22:08
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
Ted Cruz caves on shutdown, but calls it a personal win

LOL, just LOL! At what cost to the country and its people? What a selfish prick. Where's a guillotine when you need one?
Be silent you might get arrested by the NSA for sedition talk. You know they monitor everything now.

(Though I agree with you)

"Beware the potato for he is easily angered."- Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

October 16th, 2013, 22:16
You tricked me into visiting the Dailykos. Bad Thrasher. Evil, naughty Thrasher.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: *sigh* / / Detroit Red Wings: Took injuries to see them, but how about them youngsters!

dteowner

Shoegazer

October 16th, 2013, 22:23
The use of the word 'caves' …ugh. Politics and its associated media outlets are such a joke in the U.S..

Drithius

Misbegotten Alien

October 16th, 2013, 22:40
Originally Posted by dteowner View Post
You tricked me into visiting the Dailykos. Bad Thrasher. Evil, naughty Thrasher.
heeheehee. Come to the light side.

Yeah, Daily Kaos vs TPB. Which would win as the most evil?

Kaos certainly has been making me giggle with delight the past few days, where normally I just thought they were a group of psychotics.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

October 17th, 2013, 14:32
Oh Jeeze, he represents me I believe.

I'm sorry guys, I'll be sure to vote against him when he comes back up. I generally skip elections as Texas is a heavily Red state and I'm an Independant. I don't really dislike the core Republican values but they have turned into religious extremists in my opinion and I greatly prefer to keep religion out of politics and governance.

Toff

Sentinel

October 17th, 2013, 16:31
What does "cave" mean here ? I only know the "cave" where early man appeared to be hiding (according to some clichés ).

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

October 17th, 2013, 16:45
I'm honestly unsure what is this thread about.
Comes probably from my ignorance.

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

October 17th, 2013, 16:45
to cave = to give up

Toff

Sentinel

October 17th, 2013, 19:10
US politics. He is the lead republican Tea Party member in the Senate. You probably don't care, but here is more about his shenanigans to defund Obama care. The desire by Republicans to defund Obama was the motivation behind the government shutdown and coming very close to defaulting on US debt, FYI.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/0…own-97263.html

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

October 17th, 2013, 19:54
So he is the moron who spoke 21 hours in Senate just because he could do something like it. Not that he is the first or the last politician to do something as stupid.

And if you google his name, its plain clear that the man isn't stupid. He is well educated like most senators,, but for purely personal reasons, he decides to act like a moron. It paints a very sad picture about modern politics.

Dez

Keeper of the Watch

October 17th, 2013, 22:48
Originally Posted by Dez View Post
And if you google his name, its plain clear that the man isn't stupid. He is well educated like most senators,, but for purely personal reasons, he decides to act like a moron. It paints a very sad picture about modern politics.
Yeah, why would anyone be concerned about unending national debt? That's just silly to worry about Barack adding $6 TRILLION (a 60% increase from the first 240 years of presidents) to the national debt in 6 short years. So who's the moron again?

Dallas Cowboys: *sigh* / / Detroit Red Wings: Took injuries to see them, but how about them youngsters!

dteowner

Shoegazer

October 17th, 2013, 23:14
Yeah, why would anyone be concerned about unending national debt? That's just silly to worry about Barack adding $6 TRILLION (a 60% increase from the first 240 years of presidents) to the national debt in 6 short years. So who's the moron again?
While not being an American and not really caring much either (except for a slight worry about the global economy and the well-being of my American relatives), I do feel inclined to respond to such a simplified portrayal of things. I would recommend reading http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History…hanges_in_debt to get a somewhat more balanced view on the topic.

The current gross federal debt as a percentage of GDP table below is also of interest.

abharsair

Grumpmaster
RPGWatch Donor

October 17th, 2013, 23:23
Yeah, last time the percentage was so high was during the last set of major wars and depression. Surprise. Thanks Republicans!

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

October 18th, 2013, 01:57
Update:
late last night — after 16 long days, $24 billion of damage to our economy, millions of american families harmed, and the credibility of our country diminished around the world — the senate and house voted to end the gop's reckless government shutdown and avert a catastrophic default.
It should never have happened in the first place. And it should never happen again.
But if you listen to right-wing republicans, they're already gearing up for the next fight:
  • senator ted cruz (r-tx) called his reckless shutdown "an incredible victory," saying that "the way we are going to stop obamacare is the path we've seen these last couple of months."
  • rep. John fleming (r-la) said, "we're going to start this all over again."
  • senator mike lee (r-ut) said, "this is not over."
let's be clear: Right-wing republicans hurt america, and the only sure-fire way to make sure they never do it again is to keep the senate — and win back the house — in 2014.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

October 18th, 2013, 09:09
So who's the moron again?
Great ! Your country is home of many of the wealthiest persons in the world, a country who's wasting (I insist) trillions in so many useless wars that I can't even enumerate and you support a moron who's trying to negate an effort to introduce a small bit of equity and solidarity into this unbalanced society ? Moreover, to add cynicism to the painting, you base your argument on the fact that that would add to the national debt ? Really, great !

Gloo

Sentinel

October 18th, 2013, 14:59
Hopefully there can be some kind of schism between the mainstream republicans and the tea party, unfortunately probably not until the tea party have managed to get into power for long enough to show everyone what utter bloody lunatics they really are.

Makes me almost proud of our british system every time I see the US have such a spectacular hissy fit. Almost, that is, until I remember that this man will probably be our next leader because our country is also full of idiots.

Benedict

SasqWatch

October 18th, 2013, 15:45
The two party system certainly has limitations. You end up with very broad groups.

On our side, we've got the fiscal hawks (Tea Party), the social conservatives (the bible thumpers), a handful of socially liberal fiscal conservative types (Libertarians), and the "mainstream". Of course, the left isn't immune to that fracturing, even if Hopey and Harry Reid have them all locked into the party line right now. They've got the communists (Pelosi-ov and Kucinich), the enviro crowd (Nader and the Greens), their own socially liberal fiscal conservative faction (Blue Dog Dems), the tax-n-spend loons (a moment of silence for the late Senator Byrd and his endless fish studies), and their version of "mainstream".

There are certainly problems with a multi-party parliament as well, but sometimes I think we'd be better off with that set of problems, particularly when I get roped into defending some bible thumper loon just because they make up a portion of the folks under our banner (and I'm sure the bible thumpers are similarly disappointed in working with me, FWIW).

dteowner

Shoegazer

October 18th, 2013, 16:34
I would be interested in multi-party, I think . . . certainly I'd be interested in having a fiscally conservative and socially liberal party to vote for.

Benedict

SasqWatch

October 18th, 2013, 16:36
I think a multi party system would work better here too but that's based solely off my distaste for the two party system rather than actual experience with a multi. Though I doubt we'd be in a much different state now as multi systems just allow stronger small factions, the Tea Party now, to leverage their agenda via the ability to make and break votes.

greywolf00

Sentinel

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Politics & Religion » Cruz caves on shutdown, but calls it a personal win