|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Politics & Religion » Some Off Topic Juvenile Diatribes From a Serious Topic

Default Some Off Topic Juvenile Diatribes From a Serious Topic

July 29th, 2014, 15:53
Originally Posted by GothicGothicness View Post
It is a never ending story
Everyone will agree on this, the question that bothers most (politicians and nolifers) is how to stop it.

I'll be, as usually, evil.
We belong to the top of the food chain species. There is no predator above us and only natural disasters lower our number. There are too many of us.

Sorry but currently we (generally speaking, not naming you or someone else here on the board) just can't stop poping kids out. We're refusing to stop with the overpopulating and nature can't do enough of tricks that work on other species: earthquakes, floods, vulcans, tsunami, superflu, etc.

Well guys, we need wars. Forget them saying "we defend" or "we're patriots" or "we protect" or whatnot. That's just crap and illusion of madmen.
There is a collective consciousness we're a part of. Today it's Gaza, tomorrow it's your neighborhood. We can't do anything about it. Unless you have a better idea to lower our number. And just like me, you don't.

I'm very sad seeing what's happening, but to tell you the truth - I don't want it to stop. I actually want it to spread. Maybe I'll be killed tomorrow, so what? One person less. Then another. And another. Eventually we'll get down to the proper number. If not, lemme quote it again:
It is a never ending story

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

July 29th, 2014, 17:05
Have you really thought through your statement joxer? You try to sound all "equal opportunity" about it but chances that "Maybe I'll be killed tomorrow" are pretty damn slim. The ones who will be killed today and tomorrow will be some poor schmucks (he, she or it) in a third or second world country. So what sort of people, according to this scenario, will this "proper number" of yours consist of? White, rich and Western?

zahratustra

SasqWatch

July 29th, 2014, 17:16
The best way do avoid overpopulation Mr. Joxer is to overcome poverty, to educate people, family planning and of cause contraception!
Please stay on topic guys.

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong. - HL Mencken

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Donor

July 29th, 2014, 18:07
Originally Posted by zahratustra View Post
Have you really thought through your statement joxer?
I did.
Please, don't fall into survival of the fittest trap. We've already tricked that mechanism through medicine and technology.
Also, you're dragging it back into the trap of ethnicity and race. Or something else. I said species. White, rich and western die from the bullet the same way green, poor and northern would. Evolution brought the variety, we're all still homo sapiens with survivalwise irrelevant differences. Or you believe the skincolor, money, region or something else would help you against nuke?

Sorry Hidden, IMO this was on topic matter, where you see just a tree, I found a forest. It's yet another war, it's yet another reasoning what caused and causes it, it's yet another TV news cash cow. I've offered my thoughts on what can stop this and future ones completely. And sorry if I sound like a douchebag by saying that seems to me almost everyone is blind.
No education sees it the way I do and no religion accepts contraception thus I have to disagree with either suggestions. If only it was, that would be awsome. Currently the only possibility are weapons. I'm just hoping the victims don't suffer much.

I'll also add where education nor religion dogma can help and is related to the whole thing. In near future we'll become almost immortal. Medicine already experiments with growing organs from base cells, we'll be able to replace anything except the brain, the only disease we'll die from will be Alzheimer and similar ones. And then what? Family planning? No can do.
Oh everyone wants to live forever and have a bunch of kids. Who'll also want endless life and have kids of their own. Do you really believe dying is a bad thing and nature was wrong not letting us live just a bit longer than we do?

Something can help. Does help and will continue to help.
Wars.

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

July 29th, 2014, 18:31
Don't talk bulshit Joxer - education and family planning helps. Example:
Germany: 1,36 children per woman (you need 2,1 to preserve the population count)

population now: 81,8 million
estimated 2050: 71,5 million

*** End of cross topic ***

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong. - HL Mencken

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Donor

July 29th, 2014, 18:43
I don't agree, if the place for their nation didn't matter, the way I see it it could be much easier to put an end to this. To add to the complexity the entire move was to give back a land which "already" belonged to them in the past, but it also already belonged to someone else in the past… also there has been ongoing wars for this city so many times, now is no different.
The location matters but it makes no sense to carve out a chunk of brazil or something similar, and there was no opportunity for that anyhow.

To try and describe it as a holy war is a joke though.

ManWhoJaped

Keeper of the Watch

July 29th, 2014, 18:55
If your culture doesn't reproduce itself, it gets replaced by one that does.

ManWhoJaped

Keeper of the Watch

July 29th, 2014, 19:35
Yup, that's why I believe that the future belongs to the bunnies.

zahratustra

SasqWatch

July 29th, 2014, 19:57
Playboy bunnies ?

ilm

Sentinel

July 29th, 2014, 20:31
Okay - if you really want to discuss the fertility of playboy bunnies ->
@Corwin, can you please create a new thread from post #50 to #59

title: Thoughts of late pubescent guys on world population & politics

I'm always good for a joke, but not in thread about war.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Donor

July 29th, 2014, 21:01
I'm sorry Hidden but some stupid comments require stupid answers.

zahratustra

SasqWatch

July 30th, 2014, 22:05
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
Well guys, we need wars.
Wars don't kill remotely enough people to make any kind of dent in population growth.

About 37 million dead in WWI, about 48 million dead in WW2. Was Europe depopulated in the twentieth century? Not so much.

A nuclear holocaust might do the trick, but that of course wouldn't exactly help with the environmental and social harm of overpopulation.

It would be kind of fun if the way to solve our problems as a species were to give in to our own worst natures. It would be an adventure! But the numbers tell us that this is a false hope.

And really, why would we expect that the ordinary, ongoing cycles of slaughter that have been a normal part of human life throughout the centuries that our population has been so inexorably increasing would do anything to reverse the trend? They never did before.

RedSocialKnight

the stronger, slower one

July 30th, 2014, 22:48
Even pandemics (which killed more people than wars) haven't managed that. There were slowdowns but not the reverse.

zahratustra

SasqWatch

July 30th, 2014, 22:49
The population is already starting to hit a lower end critical mass. We have finite resources (clean water, gas, food) and most of the countries are making moves for them. Whats going to happen in 20 years? 50? 100? I think in 100 years its gonna be pretty bad. I'd like to think that we as a species will overcome any problems and work together but we will not. Mega wars between the large countries will happen in time. I'm glad I won't be around to see it.

Toff

Sentinel

August 12th, 2014, 20:34
I'm sorry to say that low population numbers have nothing to do with the likelyhood of war.

War stems from a dispute over power, which will happen if a population is 10,000 strong or 100,000,000 strong.

War also doesn't help reduce the numbers, quite the opposite because, once a power knows they are going to be knee deep in war they will use their power to encourage population growth as a strategic tool.

In terms of finding a way to reduce the numbers HiddenX is correct. The only time populations naturally decrease is during times of peace, education and prosperity. Which, ironically, leads to the said area being invaded by populous warlords.

Contrary to our natural desire to hog everything for ourselves, the best way to guarantee survival is actually to make everyone (feel) rich.

MinorityReport

Banned

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Politics & Religion » Some Off Topic Juvenile Diatribes From a Serious Topic