|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Politics, Religion & other Controversies » Martin Place hostage

Default Martin Place hostage

December 15th, 2014, 07:37
Can you believe this is happening in Sydney? I work only a couple of blocks away from whole thing and was nervous for hours. Police told us not to leave the building until 2pm in the afternoon. So glad our boss let us go home soon after. Still a bit shaken. Hope nothing bad happens to anyone such stressful day for Sydneysiders.

BG2 fan girl
BG2: Eowyn & Anomen
IWD: Orhlanna & Korin
ME: Shepard & Garrus

purpleblob

Princess

December 15th, 2014, 08:34
Bastards. I sincerely hope they get these people out in one piece. It's hard to predict - many of these "terrorists" are just fired-up idiots, not hardened jihadis. They might be talked down.

Ripper

I may chew things

December 15th, 2014, 09:30
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
Bastards. I sincerely hope they get these people out in one piece. It's hard to predict - many of these "terrorists" are just fired-up idiots, not hardened jihadis. They might be talked down.
That is probably true in this case.

Damian

Sentinel

December 15th, 2014, 13:01
Originally Posted by purpleblob View Post
Can you believe this is happening in Sydney? I work only a couple of blocks away from whole thing and was nervous for hours. Police told us not to leave the building until 2pm in the afternoon. So glad our boss let us go home soon after. Still a bit shaken. Hope nothing bad happens to anyone such stressful day for Sydneysiders.
When I read about it, I remembered you are staying there… glad you are alright. Sad to see these things happening.. and that it can happen anywhere.

GothicGothicness

SasqWatch

December 15th, 2014, 13:06
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
These are Westerners who specifically do what the Qu'ran instructs Muslims to do, which is in various ways to rise up and strike back against unbelievers and especially "people of the book" (Jews and Christians) who are the "worst of all sinners". Many of them are radicalized through offshoots of ISIS or other such militant Islamic groups and when they commit these acts they are praised by Islamist ISIS members and their supporters afterward as part of the brotherhood. Let us not be blind to what is happening.

Here is a video explaining how the radicalization process happens:

loading…

My prayers are with any Sydney Watchers along with the people held up in the cafe who are under such extreme duress.

Your Heavenly Father loves you and wants you to come to repentance

Humanity has risen!

Keeper of the Watch

December 15th, 2014, 14:15
It's only a single perp, right? I guess he hasn't figured out yet that sleep deprivation is greater than Islam and all other religions combined. What an idiot. He's going to lose his mini-Jihad…. one way or another but at least there'll be hundreds of virgins waiting for him on the other side… *sigh*

Moriendor

Spielkind

December 15th, 2014, 17:28
Originally Posted by Moriendor View Post
It's only a single perp, right? I guess he hasn't figured out yet that sleep deprivation is greater than Islam and all other religions combined. What an idiot. He's going to lose his mini-Jihad…. one way or another but at least there'll be hundreds of virgins waiting for him on the other side… *sigh*
Looks like the police have fixed his wagon. I hope the hostages are not seriously hurt.

Ripper

I may chew things

December 15th, 2014, 19:55
I got this link from someone who lives Down Under : http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2014/12/il…tiful-hashtag/

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

+1:

December 15th, 2014, 21:07
3 dead 2 hostages and gun man himself… It just had to end in tragedy. Couldn't believe siege lasted way more than 12 hours…

BG2 fan girl
BG2: Eowyn & Anomen
IWD: Orhlanna & Korin
ME: Shepard & Garrus

purpleblob

Princess

December 15th, 2014, 22:23
But around 10 got away unharmed… Could have been worse.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

+1:

December 15th, 2014, 22:24
I was quite stunned that something like this could happen in Australia. Those fucking extremists are everywhere. Isn't it already a time for western countries to wipe this isis threath from the face of the earth?

Dez

Watcher of The Keep

December 15th, 2014, 22:49
Wackos are everywhere, it's not just ISIS.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

+1:

December 16th, 2014, 02:31
What's worse, the perp was out on bail for over 40 offences!!

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

December 16th, 2014, 04:00
Just horrible. Those poor people.

I was thinking about it, and you know, if it were me in that terrible situation, I'd rather the cops risked coming in at the first sign of trouble. I'd rather risk the crossfire than wait to suffer the sort of fate that these fanatics inflict on innocent people.

Ripper

I may chew things

December 16th, 2014, 05:17
It was an mentally unstable nut. He was charged with sexual assault previously. Not very 'Islamic' to me.

Ofcourse that's assuming it's not a false flag to take attention away from the CIA torture reports

Andhaira

Watchdog

December 16th, 2014, 06:14
The police rushed in immediately they heard a gunshot. It was the gunman shooting the store manager who died. The police burst in 6 seconds later. Up till then they were hoping for a peaceful resolution.

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Politics, Religion & other Controversies » Martin Place hostage