|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Deathfire - Development Update

Default Deathfire - Development Update

October 23rd, 2013, 12:52
Deathfirehas a new development update about how the team behind the game is growing, and gives a short status update on the game itself.

As work continues on “Deathfire,” I wanted to let you know, that our team has been growing in the past weeks, allowing us to focus on more areas of the game and, naturally, to tackle more of the workload.

In order to illustrate some of the scripted events in the game, we are working with Adriano Batista, a well-respected freelance comic book artist from Brazil, who has worked on comic book series such as “Vampirella,” “Red Sonja,” “Battlestar Galactica” and “Lady Death” among others. In addition, he has also provided pre-production art and character designs to computer games such as “League of Legends” by Riot Games and others.

Thomas Kronenberg has also joined the “Deathfire” team recently, and with his extensive Unity experience he has quickly become the driving force behind trying to tickle the maximum potential out of the engine. Thomas has worked on countless games before, including the “Sacred” series and many others.

The latest addition is Michael Flad, a programmer I have been working with for many years. In fact, Michael was one of the programmers on “Shadows over Riva” and has also worked with Marian and myself on “Herrscher der Meere,” but was also part of other projects, such as “Gothic 3.” He is a very experienced and versatile programmer with well over a dozen games under his belt.

More and more, the “Deathfire” team feels like a homecoming to me, because in one capacity or another I have worked with virtually all team members before, and most of us actually go back together as far as “Shadows over Riva.” It is a cool feeling to “put the old gang” back together, in a sense, and to see how the magic is beginning to happen.

I hope you are as excited as I am, because with these new team members now working on the game, I expect that we will see some solid and steady progress in the months to come. Each of us has his/her own field of expertise and combined we can make things happen.
More information.

"Beware the potato for he is easily angered."- Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

October 23rd, 2013, 12:52
Kickstart it already, will ya?
Looks decent enough to back.

Exitus acta probat.

wiretripped

Machiavellian

October 23rd, 2013, 13:39
Originally Posted by wiretripped View Post
Kickstart it already, will ya?
Looks decent enough to back.
I'm p. sure he won't take it to Kickstarter until they have everything nailed down, in-game footage, and possibly a demo. Another half-baked pitch is probably the last thing they want.

"In Grimwhoah, you can ride on turtles."

Sacred_Path

Basement Horror

October 23rd, 2013, 16:23
Something is messed up with that web page; it's cutting off the top part of the story.

rjshae

Bob
RPGWatch Donor

October 23rd, 2013, 18:13
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Something is messed up with that web page; it's cutting off the top part of the story.
Try google chrome, same problem occurred to me in internet explorer.

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

Gokyabgu

Keeper of the Watch

October 29th, 2013, 23:24
They announced today about a KS campaign for Deathfire starting November 6: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/…l/posts/645022

gandalf.nho

Huntress

October 29th, 2013, 23:50
Originally Posted by gandalf.nho View Post
They announced today about a KS campaign for Deathfire starting November 6: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/…l/posts/645022
Posted on the front page now. Thanks

"Beware the potato for he is easily angered."- Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Deathfire - Development Update