|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Baldur's Gate 2: EE - Media Update

Default Baldur's Gate 2: EE - Media Update

October 31st, 2013, 10:15
Beamdog announces that more concept art, screenshots, and three new music samples have been released on the games webpage.

New Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition Character Artwork, Screenshots, and Music Now Available

EDMONTON, ALBERTA - Prior to Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition’s release on November 15th, Beamdog announces concept art for new playable NPC “Hexxat”, as well as 12 new screenshots and three new music samples from the game, have been released on www.BaldursGateII.com/media.html

The original Baldur’s Gate II: Shadows of Amn, launched in September 2000, quickly becoming the most celebrated Dungeons & Dragons fantasy roleplaying video game of its time. On November 15th, 2013, gamers new and old can experience the epic continuation and conclusion of the Bhaalspawn Saga, with full HD resolution support and area art remastered from the original renders.

Set in Wizards of the Coast’s iconic Dungeons & Dragons Forgotten Realms universe, Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition includes the adventures Shadows of Amn and Throne of Bhaal. In addition to improved graphics and gameplay, the Enhanced Edition bundles four new allies, including Hexxat, for your party, each with their own unique quest storylines. Also bundled in the Enhanced Edition: The Black Pits 2: Gladiators of Thay, an arena challenge that puts players’ tactical skills to the ultimate test.

Visit www.BaldursGateII.com for more information.
More information.
Last edited by Couchpotato; October 31st, 2013 at 10:44.

Couchpotato

Evil Potato Overlord
RPGWatch Team

October 31st, 2013, 10:15
Love how the very first sentence on their site is a major spoiler for the entire series.

Biff The Understudy

Watchdog

October 31st, 2013, 11:20
Couldn't even play the first one on account of having an extremely crappy sound card

Syron

SasqWatch

October 31st, 2013, 14:20
Three new music samples? Oh boy!

Yme

Sentinel

October 31st, 2013, 14:51
Well now that BG 2 is done I wonder what they plan to do next….

spiraling69

Sentinel

October 31st, 2013, 15:17
Originally Posted by spiraling69 View Post
Well now that BG 2 is done I wonder what they plan to do nextů.
Hopefully finish patching BGEE.

JDR13

SasqWatch

October 31st, 2013, 15:22
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Hopefully finish patching BGEE.
Yes I wonder were that miracle patch they promised disappeared to. It's been how many months now?

"It's quite simple my word is the law around here, and failure to comply means termination."

RPGWatch News Editor & Moderator

Couchpotato

Evil Potato Overlord
RPGWatch Team

October 31st, 2013, 16:03
Uhm what patch for the first BG? I played it to finish like 8 months ago with no issues that I can recall.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

October 31st, 2013, 16:09
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Yes I wonder were that miracle patch they promised disappeared to. It's been how many months now?
Dunno about how long it was promised, but I just checked the Beamdog forums and they are talking about releasing it "tomorrow" (as in October 31st/November 1st depending where you live on Earth). But only if everything goes smoothly (aka testers think it's ready to release it).

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

October 31st, 2013, 16:21
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
Dunno about how long it was promised, but I just checked the Beamdog forums and they are talking about releasing it "tomorrow" (as in October 31st/November 1st depending where you live on Earth). But only if everything goes smoothly (aka testers think it's ready to release it).
Thanks for the info. That patch was promised before Atari put a stop to development. Trent Oster's own words back in June was that it was ready. He lied apparently.

Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
Uhm what patch for the first BG? I played it to finish like 8 months ago with no issues that I can recall.
Your lucky then.I keep running into a few game stopping bugs.

"It's quite simple my word is the law around here, and failure to comply means termination."

Couchpotato

Evil Potato Overlord
RPGWatch Team

October 31st, 2013, 16:22
I see at least a couple of new recruited character portraits in there that I don't recognize: a slightly violet orc-looking male and a raven-haired woman. (I guess the former could be an improved portrait for Dorn Il-khan?) The level artwork looks good; compared to the original, it'll be a different experience for me playing at that level of resolution since I'll be able to see all of the traversable area at once.

rjshae

Bob
RPGWatch Donor

November 1st, 2013, 00:18
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Thanks for the info. That patch was promised before Atari put a stop to development. Trent. Oster's own words back in June was that it was ready. He lied apparently.
The patch is massive, they say. It's been in open beta since the dispute finished, I think, so it was probably "nearly" ready. Lots of people have been playing through it since and testing it, it's been in open beta for ages, hence the ongoing delay. I'm pleased to hear it's out tomorrow… Hopefully it will fix my vanishing feedback circles

Pongo

Watchdog
RPGWatch Donor

November 1st, 2013, 01:44
The patch is live and ready to be downloaded!

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discuss…date-v1-2-0/p1

Dez

Watcher of The Keep

November 1st, 2013, 03:14
Wow. That patch sounds massive. Will Steam automatically update or do I need to download this separately?

Fluent

RPG Fiend
RPGWatch Team

November 1st, 2013, 04:10
Originally Posted by Fluent View Post
Wow. That patch sounds massive. Will Steam automatically update or do I need to download this separately?
Steam will get the patch eventually (Beamdog has to give it to Atari, who gives it to Steam).

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

November 1st, 2013, 04:46
Been waiting for a while for the patch to be released. Given how big it is I wonder its worth waiting a week more for a .01 release.

I'd just like to interject here and point out that I'm not going to say anything to spoil the mood, Chief. I'll just float here and watch. Don't mind me, just sitting here, floating and watching, that's me.

Kostas

Dormant Watcher

November 1st, 2013, 13:44
I just started playing it again, with the new patch. I haven't noticed any issues so far, but I refuse to believe the patch doesn't have any new bugs in it - it's just too massive to be flawless.

So yes, people who are patient might as well wait a week or two, but if the minor tweaks aren't done by then, they won't be done any time soon as BG2: EE will probably be their main focus after November 15th.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

November 1st, 2013, 22:39
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
Steam will get the patch eventually (Beamdog has to give it to Atari, who gives it to Steam).
I'll be surprised if it does because Trent stated that the Steam release wouldn't be supported. He wanted everyone to buy it on Beamdog.

Couchpotato

Evil Potato Overlord
RPGWatch Team

November 1st, 2013, 23:27
I find it highly unlikely that they would just ignore the Steam version. The negative publicity would hurt them in the long run.

JDR13

SasqWatch

November 1st, 2013, 23:27
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I find it highly unlikely that they would just ignore the Steam version. The negative publicity would hurt them in the long run.
My thoughts, too. There would be a LOT of upset customers if that happened.

Fluent

RPG Fiend
RPGWatch Team

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Baldur's Gate 2: EE - Media Update