|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Graywalkers: Purgatory - Update #8, Steam Greenlight & Crowd Content

Default Graywalkers: Purgatory - Update #8, Steam Greenlight & Crowd Content

November 4th, 2013, 15:56
Dreamlords Digital has posted a new update Graywalkers: Purgatory with news about Steam Greenlight, and crowd content.

As for the project itself keep spreading the word as it only has $15,732 of it's $100,000 goal with 24 days left.

Steam Greenlight & Crowd Content

Hello everybody. We have a couple of good news for our Update today.

First is we've just opened up our Steam Greenlight Page. This isn't the Concept page we tested the other day, this is now our full blown page. Please visit it if you have Steam and lend your support there as well.

So far, in less than 12 hours live, our Greenlight page has gotten more than 600+ (745 as of publishing this) Yes votes already. We are overwhelmed by the positive response that the game has been getting from those that voted. Hopefully, our presence there will generate more pledges here on Kickstarter.

CROWD CONTENT

Many of you are probably wondering what exactly is Crowd Content and this update, we plan to share more info on what it is, why we are doing it and how do we plan to go about it.

What is Crowd Content?

Simply put, Crowd Content is our crowdsourcing initiative similar in ways to the efforts made by Brian Fargo of Wasteland 2 and brought to the next level. I'm a big fan of the idea that Fargo introduced that I wondered why they limited it only to 3D models, at least as far as I know. So, it came to me, why not open it up the entire game to be populated by content created by the community. They can donate their content to the game and then be credited and rewarded for it. In addition to 3d Models, it would also include 2D art, textures, animation, particles, music, voice overs.
More information.

"Frankly Sir /Madam I don't give a damn about your opinion."- Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

November 4th, 2013, 15:56
They can donate their content to the game and then be credited and rewarded for it.
Well, in the case of Wasteland 2 people were paid for that content, not simply given a credit which isn't really giving someone something at all, but a legal obligation. If that's what he's offering, then I agree it's a good idea.

my novel: bit.ly/dreamlandsbook

screeg

floating head

November 4th, 2013, 16:09
It certainly works for R.G.

"In Grimwhoah, you can ride on turtles."

Sacred_Path

Basement Horror

November 4th, 2013, 16:32
This is a case of fundraiser of a phonegame that'll be ported onto PC. Wasteland 2 is not a phonegame.

Now you tell me how many phonegames you've payed $20 or more?
I'm not really sure what they expect from Steam Greenlight here.

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

November 4th, 2013, 23:23
Joxer this is not a phonegame read the kickstarter once again. The developers addressed this in the first update.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

November 4th, 2013, 23:41
Taken from the kickstarter main page, not the update:

That's a phonegame about to be ported onto PC.

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

November 4th, 2013, 23:49
No it's a game developed for Windows,Mac and Linux first. The mobile games are the ports. Really there is no point in trying to talk sense into you. It never works.
Clarification on Platform - It seems there are some who may be a bit confused as to what platform we will be on. The game will be a PC first platform. Only after the PC version will we port it to the other platforms. We will however take into consideration preparations to make the transition to the other platforms much easier than normal. The closest comparison to what we are trying to achieve would be X-Com's port of their 2012 game to their Ipad version this year. We are porting to Tablets Only! Though we know that the phones can run the game, we don’t think the gameplay experience will be the same on such a small screen.

Goal for Going Mobile
– some people are wondering why we included mobile instead of just pure PC. There are several reasons for this. First is we're on Unity. It's actually more of a lost opportunity if we don't because it is relatively easy to do so. We expand our audience base with less effort. We want as many people to have a chance to play our game without the platform being the reason they don't. Second, we believe this is the way to get the new generation of gamers interested in old-school style of gaming. We're going for the goal that Father and Son will be playing the same game, but on their preferred platform of choice.

Last edited by Couchpotato; November 5th, 2013 at 00:33.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

November 5th, 2013, 00:22
They can sell that to ppl who think phones can run a PC game.
So there is no point, I agree. I think PC can run phonegames, but doesn't work the other way.

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

November 5th, 2013, 00:30
looks good, pledged.

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is

November 5th, 2013, 00:44
Phones can run the games we consider classics now better than the PCs then could. As long as they designed it for the PC, I'm in.

SonOfCapiz

Sentinel

November 5th, 2013, 15:58
I have played the original Bards Tale games on my phone and they work well and I also play some other turn-based rpgs like Cyberknights on my phone and they are fun. I don't even play any simplistic games on my phone and most of the games are more complicated then most modern PC rpgs.

guenthar

SasqWatch

Send a message via Skype™ to guenthar

November 5th, 2013, 19:31
Originally Posted by guenthar View Post
I have played the original Bards Tale games on my phone and they work well and I also play some other turn-based rpgs like Cyberknights on my phone and they are fun. I don't even play any simplistic games on my phone and most of the games are more complicated then most modern PC rpgs.
Yeah, my point excactly. The phone is crap for action or rts games, but works perfect for old school turn based gameplay. Of course the phones don't have the power of a modern PC, but then again neither do the consoles. Witht his type of game I see no problem with them porting it to phones, I would be more doubtful if we're talking first person games like Skyrim. But those aren't my favourite type of games anyway, I'll take tactical turn based RPG's every day before action first person ones…

tomasp3n

Watchamacallit?

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Graywalkers: Purgatory - Update #8, Steam Greenlight & Crowd Content