|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General Non-RPG » Humble Bundles & Steam Keys

Default Humble Bundles & Steam Keys

November 12th, 2013, 13:51
Well those of you who buy humble bundles will no longer get Steam keys anymore. Your games are now linked to your Steam Account on purchase.

This is a response to the rampant abuse of Humble Bundle where people purchase bundles for lower costs, and then resell them for a profit.

As I always say never underestimate the power of greed, and what people will do for money. Here is the new FAQ.

Q: Why do I have to link my Steam account?

A: We created the account linking to make it easy for you to access your steam games. We don’t store your username or password when you sign into Steam from the download page. The connection we make will only grant access for Humble to redeem Steam keys on your account. To remove the connection after redeeming your purchases, you can click unlink your account right from the same download page where you linked them in the first place.

Q: Why the change?

A: The new Steam key redemption process will make it even easier to quickly redeem your games on Steam! One click and the games will appear instantly in your library!

Q: How do I redeem my Steam keys?

A: When you click on a Steam key for the first time you will be walked through a process of linking your Steam account to your Humble Bundle account or download page. Once you have completed this process you will never have to do it again! When you click on the button for your Steam key, the game will automatically be redeemed to your account with just one click!
Link - http://support.humblebundle.com/cust…redemption-faq

"It's quite simple my word is the law around here, and failure to comply means termination."

RPGWatch News Editor & Moderator

Couchpotato

Evil Potato Overlord
RPGWatch Team

November 12th, 2013, 14:18
What about EA keys? I have some in the bundle from a few months ago.

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

November 12th, 2013, 14:25
They haven't mentioned anything about Origin keys yet. It's probably just a matter of time before this happens also.

"It's quite simple my word is the law around here, and failure to comply means termination."

RPGWatch News Editor & Moderator

Couchpotato

Evil Potato Overlord
RPGWatch Team

November 12th, 2013, 23:40
Amazing, people will steal and try to profit off of anything, even charities. Too bad they couldn't hunt all these thieves down and ban them from steam as well. It is truly sickening, but I'm pleased they're taking some steps to protect items in the future. I find as I get older I have even less tolerance for thieves and other scum suckers of the universe.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Games » General Non-RPG » Humble Bundles & Steam Keys