|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General MMORPG » They say that …

Default They say that …

August 27th, 2015, 12:58
…. the class balancing in Warhammer Online war terrible.

Since I've never played it, I'd like to know why and how it was and how it came to be so.

Because it seems that some of those devs are now responsible for class balancing in SWTOR.

Any serious input is welcome.

Google gives a lot of hits, but I'd like to read it first hand from RPGWatch forum members.

Thanks
Alrik
--
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

August 30th, 2015, 22:13
No-one ?
--
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

August 31st, 2015, 04:36
Who's "They"? Do you mean Fluent&Potato? If so, I wouldn't trust them, as far as I could throw them.
Sorry, Alrik, my experience with MMO's lasted an hour of trial run of playing WoW, distracted while some very horny teenagers tried hitting on me, because I had a female nickname. Very traumatizing experience. A bit unrelated, but I hope it helps.

BoboTheMighty

Sentinel

August 31st, 2015, 10:05
I've never played an MMO that wasn't called terrible in terms of balance - at all times.

In a world where there are more losers than winners, the majority will always consider these games imbalanced.

As for my own personal opinion, there are too many factors in a traditional MMO to ever have a balanced set of classes. That's a good thing, because perfect balance requires incredibly rigid structures and that's boring.

I do remember a few cases of what I would consider extreme imbalance, one of which was the fire mage dude that I played near launch. I had a lot of fun one-shotting people all over the place, without really being very good.

But that's extremely common upon launch with any MMO.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

August 31st, 2015, 10:23
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
In a world where there are more losers than winners, the majority will always consider these games imbalanced.

As for my own personal opinion, there are too many factors in a traditional MMO to ever have a balanced set of classes. That's a good thing, because perfect balance requires incredibly rigid structures and that's boring.
Very insightful.

Korplem

Shipwreck

August 31st, 2015, 18:13
I do witness the difficulties of balancing right through the SWTOR forums.

Right now, there are a few considerd "extraordinarily good", if not outright "overpowered", and that is in PvE and in PvP.

And, of course, the matter is even more complex than that.

Like for example currently a few FOTM ("flavour of the month") classes dominating everything, and the point I wonder about is : Which created them ?

Is it sheer imbaness, or is it simply communitry belief which makes people choose several classes over others ?

Is it sheer imbaness, or is it that some classes are so easy to play that even a dopey is able to produce more with it than a better player with a class which is far more difficult to play ? (Skill requirement -> Effect ?)

I hoped that someone with more experience with MMOs couzld tell me more about Warhammer Online.
--

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

RPGWatch Forums » Games » General MMORPG » They say that …