|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Lords of Xulima - Update #7, Traps Recap

Default Lords of Xulima - Update #7, Traps Recap

November 13th, 2013, 14:03
Numantian Games has another update for Lords of Xulima with a recap on traps. If you have followed the game since the Indiegogo campaign it should be familiar.

Previous Updates Recap III - Traps: Watch your step!

Greetings!

For newcomers, here you have one interesting article about one of the most common elements in the RPG genre.

Traps: Watch your step!

So, you think you can take the treasure and just walk out of the dungeon? Clearly, you haven’t played many RPGs…

In Lords of Xulima there are many types of traps: There are permanent traps like poisonous clouds, flames that burn through cracks in the ground, pressure plates that spring blades from the floor, spider webs that slow your movements while their owners inject their venom, and many other special surprises.
More information.

Couchpotato

Evil Potato Overlord
RPGWatch Team

November 13th, 2013, 14:03
They were also greenlit and will therefore appear on steam. Hopefully that gives some traffic. But unfortunately it doesn't seem so.
I don't get why they are still at "just" 16k. I mean, is there anything about the game or the campaign to not like?

Maybe they should have started with a higher minimum goal so that the project doesn't appear smaller than it is.

Kordanor

Wastelander
RPGWatch Donor

November 13th, 2013, 14:29
That may be part of it.

Another part could be: "too old school without an established IP and hall of fame developer names" those two elements usually bring in the big bucks by the amazing power of nostalgia alone…

Anyways, today was throw money at Kickstarter day, so I backed this (I had to choose among the surprising number on offer lately so I settled on this, stasis and Deathfire in the end. Had already backed Bloom a couple of days ago).

I really hope it makes that 30K target. It looks a bit improbable at this point though…

JonNik

SasqWatch

November 13th, 2013, 16:12
I totally forgot about Greenlight when I ordered my boxed copy. Not thrilled by that.

"In Grimwhoah, you can ride on turtles."

Sacred_Path

Basement Horror

November 13th, 2013, 17:43
Originally Posted by JonNik View Post
I really hope it makes that 30K target. It looks a bit improbable at this point though…
Actually it's very likely.
The cool thing about the Xulima campaign is that it is very steady. It didn't have a huge boom at the beginning, but it didn't lose much speed since then:
http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/144…s/#chart-daily

Kordanor

Wastelander
RPGWatch Donor

November 13th, 2013, 17:54
Originally Posted by Kordanor View Post
I don't get why they are still at "just" 16k. I mean, is there anything about the game or the campaign to not like?
I think a part of it is kickstarter "fatigue" and not even the $ sense. I'm not putting money into Kickstarters are much as last year because I already have way too many games to play.

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

November 13th, 2013, 18:14
@Kordanor

Cool. I tend to be a bit too conservative in my KS predictions (and often fall short) usually anyways…

JonNik

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Lords of Xulima - Update #7, Traps Recap