|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » The Mandate - Update #20 , David Bradley

Default The Mandate - Update #20 , David Bradley

November 20th, 2013, 12:24
Perihelion Interactive has word in the latest kickstarter update that Game of Thrones actor David Bradley will be joining the voice cast as Lord High Admiral Suvarov.

Game of Thrones actor voices new gameplay trailer

We’re finally ready to reveal who will be voicing Lord High Admiral Suvarov!

David Bradley, who you may know from Game of Thrones as Lord Waldor Frey [ the Red Wedding planner.. ] has graciously voiced our Admiral. Bradley has also played roles in Dr Who, Harry Potter and Captain America too.

He is also an accomplished stage actor who has won the Lawrence Olivier award. You will get to hear his voice sooner than you think! Also, remember Suvarov is not really a Romanov (on his mother's side for example he is Black Eagle!) This announcement ties in with our next bit of news, too.

Our new trailer for The Mandate is now online both on our Kickstarter page and on our YouTube channel. It is narrated by our actor, and focuses on the crew aboard the HMS Retvizan. It should be interesting if you have been wondering how exactly The Mandate relates to Firefly and Battlestar Galactica. We have updated our Kickstarter video on the front page so go check it out or click on the youtube link above. Remember to spread it to your friends as well!
More information.
Last edited by Couchpotato; November 20th, 2013 at 13:20.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

November 20th, 2013, 12:24
Very interesting project and close to Mount and Blade. In fact, the character (or Captain) creation feature (online on the Kickstarter web site) is very similar to that of Mount and Blade which got me excited.

I just don't know how battle goes in these games: I mean ship to ship and close quarters inside the ships themselves. Is it real time action in 1st of 3rd person (i.e. manuover your ship in real time, target enemies, raise shields, select weapons, fire .. etc.) or turn based with isometric views?

Anyway, I am keeping my eyes on this one - it is one of the big risk projects that publishers don't normally venture in (except Paradox probably).

They also seem to have plenty of lore for the setting already.

SpoonFULL

Keeper of the Watch

November 20th, 2013, 14:25
looks great. Unfortunately for me, it's an RTS

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is

November 20th, 2013, 14:51
For a minute I thougt this was about David W. Bradley.

stealth

Sentinel

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » The Mandate - Update #20 , David Bradley