|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Deathfire - Kickstarter Updates #11 &12

Default Deathfire - Kickstarter Updates #11 &12

November 23rd, 2013, 06:57
Deathfire: Ruins of Nethermore has posted two more updates in the last two days. Details and links are below, and I even have two new videos to share.

Update #11- "A Welcome and a Big Thank You, and more…"

Big push today, folks, as we are sure you noticed. The guys from the “Torment: Tides of Numenera” project had an Update earlier today that they sent out to all their backers, and they mentioned us in it. It is a very generous move on their behalf and we truly appreciate it, of course, especially as it has helped to provide a fresh and strong influx of new backers to our game. So, a very sincere Thank You to the Torment Team, and a big warm Welcome to all the new backers who just joined us.

Gameplay Video

Since the gameplay footage in the Kickstarter pitch video is spread all over the place, I decided to create this brief clip that shows off some of the in-game footage in order to give interested gamers a better idea how the actual game looks like. This is actual in-game footage, recorded straight from Unity3D. No tricks, here.

Update #12 - "Dice+ support in “Deathfire” creates real role-playing flair"

Gadget Time: Dice+

Have you ever heard of Dice+ (It is pronounced Dice-Plus)? No? Well, you should, because as you will see in a minute, Dice+ is a very cool little gadget that we will support in our game, that will potentially enhance the role-playing experience quite a bit and add a ton of additional fun to the mix.

But instead of explaining it all in writing, perhaps, this is something that is better explained in person. So, here’s a video for you, in which I will explain this remarkable little gadget in more detail.

More information.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

November 23rd, 2013, 06:57
I hope this gets funded, I like Guido's ideas and he made good RPG's in the past so I think this will be a game I really like. not half way there about half way through though, not sure they are going to get funded.

Saxon1974

Sentinel

November 23rd, 2013, 08:16
Ditto.

I like what they've shown about the character system and Psycho engine.

Seems like an uphill battle though…

JonNik

SasqWatch

November 23rd, 2013, 08:22
Guido seems thoroughly unfazed by the very probable failure of this campaign. IOW he has secured some other ways of funding.

"In Grimwhoah, you can ride on turtles."

Sacred_Path

Basement Horror

November 23rd, 2013, 08:25
That'd be nice.

I was chalking it up to him being a cool and collected sort of individual

JonNik

SasqWatch

November 23rd, 2013, 09:39
The momentum of pledges has definitely ticked up - go Deathfire go ;-)

booboo

Keeper of the Watch

November 23rd, 2013, 10:04
That Torment update, from a couple days ago, mentioned both Deathfire and also The Mandate. Not sure if it's the only reason, but both spiked up hugely in the last couple days. The Mandate looks like it will actually get funded now.

Stingray

Sentinel

November 23rd, 2013, 11:39
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
That Torment update, from a couple days ago, mentioned both Deathfire and also The Mandate. Not sure if it's the only reason, but both spiked up hugely in the last couple days. The Mandate looks like it will actually get funded now.
I would have rather liked to see Deathfire funded, but Guido seems to suffer from some "Not Talking To Press That Much" sickness.

mercy

SasqWatch

November 23rd, 2013, 11:49
Guido is doing everything he can to promote the campaign. It depends on us, RPG players to achieve this goal, by pledging of course. So I invite everyone who is reading this to pledge. Also Guido mentioned several times before that if the campaign can't make it it's over, no Deathfire. It's a bit weird, over 4.000 people like the game in Steam Greenlight. But we have nearly 2.700 pledgers so far.

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

Gokyabgu

Keeper of the Watch

November 23rd, 2013, 11:58
Originally Posted by Gokyabgu View Post
Also Guido mentioned several times before that if the campaign can't make it it's over, no Deathfire.
I'd take that with a grain of salt. By the end of this campaign we'll be looking at a solid year of work done (including Thorvalla). Would anyone really take such risks, twice, if there's a good chance of not a penny being made?

"In Grimwhoah, you can ride on turtles."

Sacred_Path

Basement Horror

November 23rd, 2013, 14:36
I totally missed Deathfire - because it has such an generic title.

"Deathfire" ? Seriously ? I just cannot imagine anything serious from that.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

November 23rd, 2013, 14:40
let me quote from their 3rd update
It appears we are still not reaching enough people out there - certainly not for a lack of trying, I can tell you that, but because so far it has simply not been possible for us to get the majority of US media to cover the launch. Just for those of you who are interested in specifics, we have contacted almost 2,300 gaming media outlets with information about the campaign. That is quite a significant number. But in the end it is up to them to decide, which news bit to give preference to, and not up to us. All we can do is try to get on their radar.
I don't think the press itself is the problem. I think the problem was in the presentation. It just wasn't catchy enough and people love videos. So the last update was a big step forward.

Kordanor

Wastelander
RPGWatch Donor

November 23rd, 2013, 14:41
And yeah, with the choice of the name they also don't exactly gain new interest.

Kordanor

Wastelander
RPGWatch Donor

November 23rd, 2013, 15:31
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
I totally missed Deathfire - because it has such an generic title.

"Deathfire" ? Seriously ? I just cannot imagine anything serious from that.
You should definitely read the campaign page and game's website. I admit name's a bit generic, but there are enough interesting ideas under the hood. I also recommend you to read German interviews with Guido. By god's sake you should pledge for the sake of Realms of Arkania series alone since you're a Dark Eye fan.

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

Gokyabgu

Keeper of the Watch

November 23rd, 2013, 16:42
Okay, thank you, I'll keep that in mind.

When I think of stories, I do so mostly in a very graphic way. so-called "tell-tale names" and titles are my favourites regarding story. An Star WArs Empire spaceship called a "star destroyer" tells very much of a story, imho, that is very easy to imagine. And then you name a ship that destroys stars (psychological warfare !) for example "Devastator" - genius.

In my opinion, names have to be able to tell stories if they should be remembered !

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

November 24th, 2013, 18:47
I don't care about names a bit, if Baldur's Gate had been named "The pinky flower" I'm sure I would have enjoyed it the same. Now, show me a gameplay video that shows me something I would like to play, and you got my money. In the case of Deathfire, it was an insta-buy.

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is

November 24th, 2013, 19:23
The Pinky Flower II - Throne of Bhaal.

Sounds fine to me!

Morrandir

Keeper of the Watch
RPGWatch Donor

November 25th, 2013, 13:54
That in-game footage… It looks as if your character is a toad or frog… The POV is too low (the barrels are taller!) and that "hopping" is kinda of annoying.

Looks good otherwise, though.

Exitus acta probat.

wiretripped

Machiavellian

November 25th, 2013, 14:01
As everything is done in 3D I don't think that it's any issue to change that afterwards if it doesn't work well in beta testing.

About the "hopping":
Is there any way you can remove the "head bob" while you are walking? Make it an option or something, because I know that will make me sick while playing :/
G3 Studios 4 days ago
yes it is an option that can be turned off.

Kordanor

Wastelander
RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Deathfire - Kickstarter Updates #11 &12