|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dex - Update #4, RPG Features

Default Dex - Update #4, RPG Features

November 23rd, 2013, 03:47
In the latest kickstarter update for Dex we get more informaion on the games RPG features, and how it handles XP and specializations.

Introducing Dex RPG Features: XP and Specializations

Continuing our series about RPG features, our topic today is XP, leveling, and specializations in Dex.

As you progress through the game, you are rewarded with XP. Experience points are awarded mainly for: 1) mission completion, 2) overcoming enemies (kills, takedowns, stealth performance), 3) exploration, and 4) hacking.

When you reach the required amount of XP to level up, you are awarded skill points. Skill points can be assigned to one of six specializations. We were considering a more elaborate branching skill tree, but at the moment we have decided on the following specializations and enhancements:

• Firearms more damage with ranged weapons, better accuracy, faster holster and reload.
  • Martial Arts more damage in melee, faster combat moves, additional combat moves.
  • Endurance more HP, additional Energy Slots for implants, ability to install more advanced implants.
  • Hacking stronger Avatar skills, more Firewall HP, additional Avatar skills and software, ability to enter more advanced parts of cyberspace.
  • Street Lore better lock picking, stealth-related skills, dialogue-related skills.
  • Gadgets ability to use more advanced equipment and gain more from using it (some of the consumables and passive upgrades become more effective).
More information.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

November 23rd, 2013, 03:47
I think it looks like an interesting game, and I wish the team well; however, those new stretch goals are among the least exciting that I have thus far seen.

Santos

Ass-hat

November 23rd, 2013, 23:21
I'm not a fan of side scrollers in general, but this does look pretty interesting. Too bad it's not an isometric RPG.

rjshae

Bob
RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dex - Update #4, RPG Features