|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Eador: Master of the Broken World - Expansion

Default Eador: Master of the Broken World - Expansion

November 27th, 2013, 06:48
Snowbird Games announces a new update for Eador: Master of the Broken World, and gives information about a new expansion coming out next year. They even included a new screenshot.
Hello everyone,

As we didn’t post anything about Eador in this blog for quite a long time, we thought it’s time to share some news.

Firstly, we’re working on the next update, it’s almost complete now, and some of the most active users from our community will have a chance to test it in the beginning of the next week. This update will include not only bug fixes, but also some new features.

Secondly, a story expansion for the game is in the works. We’ll share the details about it after the New Year, so for now we’ll show a screenshot to get your attention.
More information.
Last edited by Couchpotato; November 27th, 2013 at 08:59.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

November 27th, 2013, 06:48
Haven't even had time to play the main game yet!

Yme

Sentinel

November 27th, 2013, 06:52
Same here. I always thought that MotBW looked great, and I purchased it months ago as part of a Humble Bundle promotion. Unfortunately, it lies buried among dozens of other games in my backlog.

JDR13

SasqWatch

November 27th, 2013, 08:46
It is not an expansion it is an update coming out soon. The expansion is not till much later next year from what I have read.

Favourite RPGs of all time: Wizardry 6, Ultima 7/7.2, Fallout2, Planescape Torment, Baldurs Gate 2+TOB, Jagged Alliance 2, Ravenloft: The stone prophet, Gothic 2, Realms of Arkania:Blade of destiny (not the HD version!!) and Secret of the Silver Blades.

bjon045

Keeper of the Watch

November 27th, 2013, 08:52
Originally Posted by bjon045 View Post
It is not an expansion it is an update coming out soon. The expansion is not till much later next year from what I have read.
Your right it's a new update, and a new expansion next year. A few months is not a long time to wait. Anyway I'm more interested in the expansion than the update.

I better change the wording so others don't get confused.

"We must stand strong my fellow watchers against the horde of red trolls."- The Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

November 27th, 2013, 13:43
it's actually a really good game, loved it.

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is

November 27th, 2013, 15:07
I would have loved it if not for the game breaking bug.

zahratustra

SasqWatch

November 27th, 2013, 15:52
The mod New Horizons for the original Eador is fantastic give it a look. I play it all the time on custom maps because I think there can be a bug in the campaign. I am more of a custom map player and like the sandbox play compared to the campaign.

Here is a link.

http://eador.com/B2/viewtopic.php?t=2842

"From knowledge springs Power, just as weakness stems from Ignorance."

Hastar

Unspeakable

November 27th, 2013, 18:16
Originally Posted by zahratustra View Post
I would have loved it if not for the game breaking bug.
Which one??? I've played it for more than 200hrs without any gamebreaking bugs.

That said…an expansion? Noooo! I thought I was finally free…

tomasp3n

Watchamacallit?

November 27th, 2013, 18:30
Originally Posted by wolfing View Post
it's actually a really good game, loved it.
Have to concur with that, I've put way too many hours into this game.

Warmark

Sentinel

November 27th, 2013, 19:52
Originally Posted by tomasp3n View Post
Which one??? I've played it for more than 200hrs without any gamebreaking bugs.
I haven't seen any posts dealing with this problem so it could be something to do with my system but, during the battle, two hexagons on my side are dead. You can move a unit there but than you can't give them commands or move them out. If an enemy unit moves there it can't be killed and combat phase doesn't end. I have quit the game because my high level wizard hero got stuck there and he stays on this hex every time I enter combat. Can't make him change position despite trying to reduce his army to just him.

zahratustra

SasqWatch

November 27th, 2013, 21:51
how is this game compared to master of magic? I haven't played a true successor yet.

rikus

Watchdog

November 28th, 2013, 00:22
Originally Posted by zahratustra View Post
I haven't seen any posts dealing with this problem so it could be something to do with my system but, during the battle, two hexagons on my side are dead. You can move a unit there but than you can't give them commands or move them out. If an enemy unit moves there it can't be killed and combat phase doesn't end. I have quit the game because my high level wizard hero got stuck there and he stays on this hex every time I enter combat. Can't make him change position despite trying to reduce his army to just him.
I haven't played in months but I remember reading something about this happening to some people. There was some condition for it to happen, though it never happened to me in my like 200+ hours campaign

wolfing

November 30th, 2013, 02:50
I ran into a game breaking bug on my very first map (not counting the tutorial) where the game just didn't end despite the enemy being dead. That was only one or two patches into the game and there were still quite a few game breakers at that point. Most of them have been fixed by now though, although I still see a lot of non game breaking bug reports.

I still haven't gone back and played after quitting due to that first bug though, although I keep meaning to. It's not that it isn't a good game, it's just that I played the original Eador: Genesis, so I've already seen a lot of it. Plus as maps get longer it does get rather repetitive.

What I did love about the game was the campaign format. Going through various maps with increasing difficulty, unlocks, and a story was much more interesting then the usual 4x sandbox for me. I'd love to see another game do it, and maybe improve some of the balance and pacing a bit.

fadedc

Keeper of the Watch

November 30th, 2013, 15:17
Originally Posted by fadedc View Post
I ran into a game breaking bug on my very first map (not counting the tutorial) where the game just didn't end despite the enemy being dead. That was only one or two patches into the game and there were still quite a few game breakers at that point. Most of them have been fixed by now though, although I still see a lot of non game breaking bug reports.

I still haven't gone back and played after quitting due to that first bug though, although I keep meaning to. It's not that it isn't a good game, it's just that I played the original Eador: Genesis, so I've already seen a lot of it. Plus as maps get longer it does get rather repetitive.

What I did love about the game was the campaign format. Going through various maps with increasing difficulty, unlocks, and a story was much more interesting then the usual 4x sandbox for me. I'd love to see another game do it, and maybe improve some of the balance and pacing a bit.
Paradox is making what looks to be what you want. Warlock 2: The Exiled. Not much info yet.

wolfing

November 30th, 2013, 23:51
Sounds promising. Warlock 1 was interesting, I never got that into it, but with a little more structure and a little less sandbox I probably would have liked it better.

Originally Posted by wolfing View Post
Paradox is making what looks to be what you want. Warlock 2: The Exiled. Not much info yet.

fadedc

Keeper of the Watch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Eador: Master of the Broken World - Expansion