|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Blackguards - Preview @ NoobFeed

Default Blackguards - Preview @ NoobFeed

December 9th, 2013, 18:00
NoobFeed has a new preview based on the Early Access version of Blackguards.

Daedalic Entertainment did a great job at adapting a pen and paper RPG and transforming it into a digital version that still retains the heart of a pen and paper, while getting rid of the inconveniences such a game implies. The in-depth gameplay and the great dungeon design will give you more than a hundred hours of entertainment and the morale system gives the game a lot of replay value, but the lack of polish will easily break your immersion at times.
I can't wait to see the replies for the preview.

More information.

Couchpotato

Evil Potato Overlord
RPGWatch Team

December 9th, 2013, 18:01
The game doesn't have any lip synch? I guess they must have run out of budget… or else that will be in the final release.

rjshae

Bob
RPGWatch Donor

December 9th, 2013, 18:59
It won't be near 100 hours. The devs think about 50-60 max for a single playthrough. Io is hanging around here occasionally and will correct me if I'm wrong.

'nut

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

December 9th, 2013, 19:33
I've been following the preview on the steam boards and so far it seems pretty positive (esp compare to MM X). The biggest complaints seem to be very linear maps (which will probably bug the heck out of me) but still might be fun if the combat is good (I love king bounty series mostly due to very pleasing combat).

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor

December 10th, 2013, 01:21
I have about 20 hours into this game now. This is a GREAT game, seriously. Even though it's an RPG with grid based combat, it's very unique. The story line is wonderful, and all of your party members have their own personality, it feels like you know them and it's very immersive. The battle is strategic and can be very tough at times.

I wouldn't say that it's very unpolished at this time, after the 2nd patch. In 20+ hrs, I have encountered very few glitches. There is one with the camera that has only happened a couple of times, and is annoying, but the game is still worth buying at this point.

They need to do some things with the camera, like allow panning around the combat area like you can on grid based strategy games such as HMM, etc., and also allow closer zoom. But this game has a ton of potential, I highly recommend it.

Hyperion

SasqWatch

December 11th, 2013, 11:45
Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
I have about 20 hours into this game now. This is a GREAT game, seriously. Even though it's an RPG with grid based combat, it's very unique. The story line is wonderful, and all of your party members have their own personality, it feels like you know them and it's very immersive. The battle is strategic and can be very tough at times.

I wouldn't say that it's very unpolished at this time, after the 2nd patch. In 20+ hrs, I have encountered very few glitches. There is one with the camera that has only happened a couple of times, and is annoying, but the game is still worth buying at this point.

They need to do some things with the camera, like allow panning around the combat area like you can on grid based strategy games such as HMM, etc., and also allow closer zoom. But this game has a ton of potential, I highly recommend it.
I have to agree with you. I bought this game in Steam Early Access a few days/weeks ago. I'm a huge fan of the old gems like Final Fantasy Tactics and FrontMission 3 (played them on PS1 for years and still have FF Tactics on my Nintendo DS) and I was just looking on Steam. Then I found this beautiful game. Granted! It is Early Access and the game isn't finished yet, but Daedalic has done a really great job so far. I encountered one gamebreaking bug (in the level where you have to rescue the merchants from the Achaz) so far and it was fixed within 24 hours after I reported it on Steam. Besides that I encountered no major bugs or glitches at all so far. The mechanics are really awesome. I can't wait to finally play act 3. I'm a huge fan of Daedalic and I really enjoyed the Dark Eye Point & Click Adventures (Chains of Satinav & Memoria) but Blackguards is outstanding. I can highly recommend it… If you like reoundbase strategy this is a MUST HAVE!!!
Last edited by Gulag; December 13th, 2013 at 11:38.

Gulag

Watcher

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Blackguards - Preview @ NoobFeed