|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Elder Scrolls Online - Release Date Announced

Default Elder Scrolls Online - Release Date Announced

December 12th, 2013, 15:52
It better be polished in April though. It was supposed to be released last spring for the computer and they held it back for the the new console games. If it is not polished and there is no end game content for computer players they will lose a lot of subs.

"From knowledge springs Power, just as weakness stems from Ignorance."
Hastar is online now

Hastar

Hastar's Avatar
Unspeakable

#21

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 308

Default 

December 12th, 2013, 17:23
Originally Posted by Hastar View Post
It better be polished in April though. It was supposed to be released last spring for the computer and they held it back for the the new console games. If it is not polished and there is no end game content for computer players they will lose a lot of subs.
I think you made a mistake, it was supposed to be a Fall release, beta started last Spring.

I don't think it was pushed back because of the consoles personally, that was just PR. *hide*I've been in beta since July*hide*
azarhal is offline

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

#22

Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,416

Default 

December 12th, 2013, 18:23
Hey guys, your negativity works! I wanted ESO already. Now I want it badly!
Lev is offline

Lev

Watcher

#23

Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 66

Default 

December 12th, 2013, 18:26
I have mixed feeling about ESO but this trailer looks terrible. All I see is skinny and bony figures. Also the animation in general look forced and laboured. I was worried about this before but the draw distance is pretty poor and they are using that "purple" like fog hide things. I guess they are not using a good engine. Anyway if a game looks this bad in a trailer I wonder how it would like when you actually play it…
lostforever is online now

lostforever

Keeper of the Watch

#24

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 971

Default 

December 12th, 2013, 18:33
Originally Posted by Lev View Post
Hey guys, your negativity works! I wanted ESO already. Now I want it badly!
thats so cute
lostforever is online now

lostforever

Keeper of the Watch

#25

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 971

Default 

December 12th, 2013, 18:38
Day one purchase for me …
Fluent is offline

Fluent

Fluent's Avatar
RPG Fiend
RPGWatch Team

#26

Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,041

Default 

December 12th, 2013, 19:40
Originally Posted by lostforever View Post
I have mixed feeling about ESO but this trailer looks terrible. All I see is skinny and bony figures. Also the animation in general look forced and laboured. I was worried about this before but the draw distance is pretty poor and they are using that "purple" like fog hide things. I guess they are not using a good engine. Anyway if a game looks this bad in a trailer I wonder how it would like when you actually play itů
Agreed. Glad to know I'm not the only one who noticed the very poor animations, models, lighting engine, textures…basically everything. Yet another reason I hate this game. Yes, I hate opportunistic games made by corporate interests rather than passion. So should everyone IMO. /end hate for now
Brumbek is offline

Brumbek

Watchdog

#27

Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 154

Default 

December 12th, 2013, 20:24
Doesn't the online aspect of MMOs require a dialing down of graphics quality? Exploration is certainly enhanced by better graphics, so I guess that's another reason why I'm not very interested in this. BTW, the dated graphics of LotRO dissuaded me from trying it. Not so for DDO for some reason.
Thrasher is offline

Thrasher

Thrasher's Avatar
Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

#28

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Studio City, CA
Posts: 9,865

Default 

December 12th, 2013, 20:48
The game looks great. I think everyone is so used to the graphics level like Skyrim or even Oblivion. If they didn't exist, then I think there would be a lot more positive feedback. Not to mention that you won't need a beefy rig to run it all.

_______________
Binarymichael
"We can do anything, we just can't do everything." -Todd Howard (re-quote)
Caddy is offline

Caddy

Caddy's Avatar
Broken Screwdriver

#29

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 140

Default 

December 12th, 2013, 20:58
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
Doesn't the online aspect of MMOs require a dialing down of graphics quality? Exploration is certainly enhanced by better graphics, so I guess that's another reason why I'm not very interested in this. BTW, the dated graphics of LotRO dissuaded me from trying it. Not so for DDO for some reason.
You want to have something that render fast because of the number of players that end up running around and all the "particle FX" that could happen in big fights. This mean cranking down the polygones of models and textures sizes. So yeah, dialing down the graphics. Also, armor pieces hurt performance (more polygones to render than if the armor/character was a single model).

Having played ESO, I personally think it's a really good looking game.
azarhal is offline

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

#30

Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,416

Default 

December 12th, 2013, 21:03
If so, that latest trailer then didn't do it justice, at all. The earlier videos looked much better. Let's hope they haven't scaled back the quality.
Thrasher is offline

Thrasher

Thrasher's Avatar
Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

#31

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Studio City, CA
Posts: 9,865

Default 

December 13th, 2013, 17:31
MMO is not an excuse for poor visuals any more. Just take a look at the new FF14ARR. It looks amazing in most visual departments and still run well even with lot of player on screen at at the same time. I think FF14ARR should be commend for their draw distance. It bloody amazing to see stuff (players, mobs, objects etc) at a distance rather than see fog.

Eye candy does not make a great MMO in itself but it sure doesn't hurt a MMO. I think good eye candy add lot to the immersion of the game.
lostforever is online now

lostforever

Keeper of the Watch

#32

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 971
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Elder Scrolls Online - Release Date Announced
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 15:32.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright by RPGWatch