|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Hand of Fate - A New Card Based Roguelike

Default Hand of Fate - A New Card Based Roguelike

December 11th, 2013, 20:46
Hand of Fate is a card based Roguelike that I just discovered on kickstarter. The game is entering it's final hours, and still needs $5,000 to get funded. Here is a trailer and a link to the project for more information.
Hand of Fate is a card based roguelike, in which the player builds a collection of cards into a deck, which is then used to deal out the dungeon floors through which they adventure. Upon entering a combat, all of the cards the player has collected fly into their character's hands as fully modeled 3D assets, and combat begins.

Key Features
  • Tabletop card game brought to vivid life.
  • A unique take on roguelike gameplay.
  • Visceral action-RPG combat.
  • Game changing gear and items make every playthrough unique.
  • Hundreds of encounters, items, armour, weapons, artifacts, and mysteries to unlock.
  • Unique deck building mechanics let you customise your own adventure, as you seek to defeat the Jack, Queen and King of each suit.
  • Discover the mysteries of the world of Hand of Fate, as you complete your collection.
More information.
Last edited by Couchpotato; December 11th, 2013 at 22:22.

Couchpotato

Evil Potato Overlord
RPGWatch Team

December 11th, 2013, 20:46
This looks kinda neat. I like cards in games, I don't know why

Yme

Sentinel

December 11th, 2013, 22:17
Perhaps they should rather rename it into "Card of Fate" to avoid confusion (and possible hurdles) with the adventure game by Westwood ?

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

December 21st, 2013, 10:02
I love Hand of Fate. I managed to get early access and have been playing for a little while now! It is awesome. I have published a Let's Play on YouTube if anyone is interested in seeing a little gameplay. It can be found at…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-BuBwUkZEQ

This game has tonnes of potential.

BeanyUndead

Traveler

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Hand of Fate - A New Card Based Roguelike