|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Original Sin - Post-funding Update #51

Default Original Sin - Post-funding Update #51

December 17th, 2013, 22:50
Larian Studios announces that the alpha version of Divinity: Original Sin is now available for backers in the games latest post-funding update.

Alpha access available!

Before you rush in and get your alpha code, please watch/read the following messages. We know, you most likely won't, but still, there's some important stuff in here. The most important thing is:

If you want a a smooth, balanced & stable experience without performance problems, wait for release! Seriously!

What is in the Alpha?

About 10 to 15 hours of gameplay.

What's not in the Alpha?

Quite a lot. Currently co-operative mode is disabled, as are the companions. We're still working on getting schedules in, so those are not in either. Sound & music are still very much work in progress too. Further, there's a very long list of features that are not 100% working yet, or just not in yet. This really is alpha, with plenty of stuff unfinished.

What are the known issues?

Too many to list - we made a short summary for you but really, there's a lot of things that still need to be done.

How can I help?

We are testing the game ourselves so there's no need for sending us reports on bugs that are obvious. But we are very interested in those that are not so obvious. What makes a non- obvious bug? Well, something you don't see immediately, something that requires you to do a certain amount of things to trigger it.

You'll know it when you see it

If the game crashes, we would appreciate it if you could send us your crash report. It helps us locate the problem.

When can I expect an update to the Alpha?

We might still do a few emergency patches in the coming days, but then we're taking our X-mas break. The next big update is scheduled for January and will be a feature/balance update. Most likely, big feature candidates to be included then are companions and cooperative play.

We'll keep you posted.
More information.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

December 17th, 2013, 22:50
Nice news, just got my key and I'm downloading…

gandalf.nho

Huntress

December 17th, 2013, 22:52
Heh, well…Guess I'm not completely out of luck. Even though we don't have our keys from the fundraiser yet, I managed to get one on Larian's vault since I kept a 5$ token donation on the KS despite giving all the rest on RPGWatch (and a bit on codex).

Steam: Galaad97

Galaad

Sentinel
RPGWatch Donor

Send a message via MSN to Galaad Send a message via Skype™ to Galaad

December 17th, 2013, 23:29
Originally Posted by Galaad View Post
Heh, well…Guess I'm not completely out of luck. Even though we don't have our keys from the fundraiser yet, I managed to get one on Larian's vault since I kept a 5$ token donation on the KS despite giving all the rest on RPGWatch (and a bit on codex).
Same here

The question is: to play or not to play

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong. - HL Mencken

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Donor

December 17th, 2013, 23:34
Play, play, play!!!!!

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

December 17th, 2013, 23:40
Well so much for rolling into Gothic 3 tonight.

greywolf00

Sentinel

December 17th, 2013, 23:45
what? it said available through steam, so why can't i see it in steam?

edit:
oh, ok I needed to pre-fund it through kickstarter to get alpha access by steam…

rikus

Watchdog

December 18th, 2013, 00:13
The BIG question given the amount of "Play at your own risk" Larian is saying is how much will this spoil the fun of the game long term?

I think I will watch and read a few previews first. Its not like the key is going to evaporate.

Terry

Watchdog

December 18th, 2013, 00:13
I don't really want to play a lot, as I plan on saving the game until completion. That said, this definitely has some cool stuff going on.

killias2

Sentinel

December 18th, 2013, 00:24
Downloading right now.

As to how much it would spoil the whole game - I doubt it will be that much. After all, in the finished game would be far richer in features and stuff than the current state as to still feel shiny and new.

Polyester

Watchdog

December 18th, 2013, 01:05
Swen Vincke
‏@LarAtLarian
@RpgCodex @RpgWatch More keys inbound for you guys - all of those who backed get one

Steam: Galaad97

Galaad

Sentinel
RPGWatch Donor

Send a message via MSN to Galaad Send a message via Skype™ to Galaad

December 18th, 2013, 01:20
First impressions:

Larian changed the "loading tips" into alpha tips (lol).

I haven't seen that many talents in a RPG since…since, well maybe ever. I never though I could be overwhelmed by a character creator except for design sliders. Now I am, not that I mind, it's just a lot to take in at once for a new IP. Also, talking to animals, I'm so taking that talent…

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

December 18th, 2013, 01:28
Sunk in hour into it, very stable thus far and only ran into a couple very minor bugs that had no impact on gameplay. I did move my tank too close to a barrel and the orc shaman was more than happy to blow it up in my face. Was quite a surprise.

greywolf00

Sentinel

December 18th, 2013, 06:09
I'll live vicariously through all of you who are going to play it. I really don't want to spoil too much for myself so I'm going to stay away.

If I'm right but there is no wife around to acknowledge it, am I still right?

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch

December 18th, 2013, 06:10
Was fun to use the rain spell and then freeze the orcs to death. But when I reached the city a bit later, discovered that maybe I shouldn't have wasted that spell so easy

Bundyo

Watcher

December 18th, 2013, 06:13
Bah! Larian always makes their text too small for me…and they make it so it scales, so lowering the resolution doesn't help.

Capt. Huggy Face

Magicky Utok

December 18th, 2013, 06:58
We salute you brave (and overeager ) early adopters

Now give us some more (non spoiler!) details dammit
(I guess the combat system, world and quest design at least could be more or less evaluated at this point despite the alpha state and all)

JonNik

SasqWatch

December 18th, 2013, 07:26
Just a heads up to anyone playing the Alpha, the Black Cove cave you get to from leaving the West Gate seems to be very unstable. Multiple random crashes inside the cave and trying to exit/enter through the hole is a nightmare of crashes, at least for me.

greywolf00

Sentinel

December 18th, 2013, 12:24
Originally Posted by TheMadGamer View Post
I'll live vicariously through all of you who are going to play it. I really don't want to spoil too much for myself so I'm going to stay away.
I'm with you. It *is* tempting… but I really, really don't want to spoil the game for myself.

Keep those impressions coming, though!

Exitus acta probat.

wiretripped

Machiavellian

Default first impressions

December 18th, 2013, 12:41
mouse/view is a bit jerky atm but that's mainly a tweaking issue..
I must say I'm trying to avoid quests as much as possible, just looking into mechanics, discovering what I can and can't do..making fries damnit
only had 1 CtD on 2 hrs so pretty ok for me

the new dialogue system is SO much better than it was in pre-alpha, although the bartering system is a bit buggy sometimes

balancing is ofcourse still way off (they already told us in advance) I moved a crate and the WHOLE village (even oxes) attacked me xD hilarious *nightmare mode enabled*

dwelfusius

Traveler

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Original Sin - Post-funding Update #51