|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Elder Scrolls V: Skywind - Development Video

Default Elder Scrolls V: Skywind - Development Video

January 6th, 2014, 20:25
The developers of the Skywind mod have a new Development Video giving us a look at how they recreate Morrowind using Skyrim's engine.

A behind the scenes look at the making of Skywind, a fan made modification for Skyrim that brings the world of Morrowind to the updated engine. Find out all about the processes and work that goes into making this project, featuring various segments from the team, with narrations and new footage.

To anyone seeing this video, the best way to help this project and make our hard work pay off is to SHARE AND SUBSCRIBE to these videos to spread the word. We need volunteers of all sorts, and there are simple tasks that anyone can help with, so please check out the website and see how you can support us at http://morroblivion.com/forums/skyrim.
More information.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

January 6th, 2014, 20:25
It seems most of the resources are being spent on graphics, models, and voice acting. Nothing about if the gameplay is the dumbed down Skyrim version of spells, spellmaking, enchanting, and alchemy, etc… If so, I really am not interested.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

January 6th, 2014, 22:27
Wouldn't it have been easier to fix the Morrowind animation system? That's the only shortcoming left visually since Overhaul was released…

"For Innos!"

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch

January 6th, 2014, 22:41
Yeah, that and the melee weapon (and maybe archery) mechanics.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

January 6th, 2014, 23:29
Originally Posted by ToddMcF2002 View Post
Wouldn't it have been easier to fix the Morrowind animation system? That's the only shortcoming left visually since Overhaul was released…
I've been thinking of replaying Morrowind, and this comment made me wonder: Is it possible to use any animation mods with the MSGO overhaul?

Nerevarine

Keeper of the Watch

January 6th, 2014, 23:38
I think there's a misunderstanding here. They're not actually re-programming all of Morrowind into a modern version. They're just re-creating it using the engine of Skyrim (using modding tools etc from Skyrim), so basically it'll be like playing Skyrim set in the Morrowind setting (with Morrowind quests etc).

As far as I understand, that means all the mechanics and systems from Skyrim will be present.

Fixing Morrowind as an alternative is probably not possible at all, as I doubt they have access to the source code.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

January 6th, 2014, 23:47
That's not entirely true. They did say they are recreating the armor system of Morrowind somewhat in Skyrim. That's separate pieces for pauldrons, gloves, legs, etc. So they are changing SOME of the mechanics.

It will be interesting how far they can go with mechanics changes, but I'll wager it won't be nearly enough, especially since it doesn't seem to be their main interest.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Elder Scrolls V: Skywind - Development Video