|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Obstructed Views - Top 5 ARPG Combat Systems

Default Obstructed Views - Top 5 ARPG Combat Systems

December 22nd, 2013, 14:15
A site called Obstructed Views takes a look at what they think is the top 5 RPG combat systems. With all the turn based talk going on lately consider this a counter argument.

Action RPGs have become more and more popular over the years. Itís gotten to the point where most RPGs released are action orientated. However many of them ignore the action aspect in favour of a more stat driven experience. Today Iíll cover my personal top 5 action orientated combat systems released in an RPG.
More information.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

December 22nd, 2013, 14:15
I normally only use the term ARPG for Diablo-like games (Dungeon Siege, Titan Quest, Torchlight and others in the same style)

gandalf.nho

Huntress

December 22nd, 2013, 16:32
I would call the Diablo type games hack & slash or dungeons crawlers personally. When I hear ARPG, I do think of twitch combat stuff like D Souls, Witcher 2, or KoA. On that list, personally I'd put D2 on the top but I'm not a fan of the other ARPG twitch combat systems.

greywolf00

Sentinel

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Obstructed Views - Top 5 ARPG Combat Systems