|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dark Souls II - Live Action Teaser

Default Dark Souls II - Live Action Teaser

December 19th, 2013, 18:36
From Software released a new live action trailer for Dark Souls II.

More information.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

December 19th, 2013, 18:36
Dark Souls II is probably my most looked forward to game of 2014.

That said… live action teaser? Who cares?

killias2:
Steam is the only answer. It's convenient, it's easy to use, it's simple and fast. It's great.

killias2

Sentinel

December 19th, 2013, 18:45
Originally Posted by killias2 View Post
Dark Souls II is probably my most looked forward to game of 2014.

That said… live action teaser? Who cares?
I do as it would make a nice movie. I'm still looking forward to the game also. I just have to finish Dark Souls first.

"Beware the potato for he is easily angered."- Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

December 20th, 2013, 00:05
I finished Dark Souls the PREPARE TO DIE version on the PC a few weeks ago. I'm very good now at preparing to die and most excellent at the actual dying part. In fact, I'm a professional dead guy now. I'm furiously trying to get through Demon's Souls and be done with that before DS2 hits the shelves. It's an excellent series, great atmosphere, lots of purpose in the world, excellent exploring, and just about everything you can do in the game is important in some way. Now, if I can just beat this stupid boss…

If I'm right but there is no wife around to acknowledge it, am I still right?

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch

December 20th, 2013, 03:10
Which boss are you stuck on MadGamer and what build are you playing?

I actually played through Demons Souls over a series of 4-5 weekends after a friend loaned me his PS3. I've been intending to write a report at the Watch to describe some of my thoughts on it. It's not as punishing as Dark Souls and not near as difficult, but that being said I did play on offline mode to avoid the moronic trolls out there.

You can certainly see the echoes of design in certain moments (the Nexus transmogrifying into Firelink, the shades of Blighttown in the Valley of Defilement and Tower of Latria's lower marsh section) for example.

Speaking of Dark Souls itself though, I'm a little frustrated with the recent update (as of September 2013) as the ruddy thing has utterly disabled DSMFix, which hasn't been updated yet to counter this. If anyone knows of a better fix so that I can use keyboard and mouse again without any glitches, I'd certainly appreciate it. (I'm using the non-steam release)

Diddledy high,
Diddledy low,
Come brave blood sheep,
You've a goodly way to go.
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj

Pessimeister

Living Backwards

December 20th, 2013, 05:49
Originally Posted by Pessimeister View Post
Speaking of Dark Souls itself though, I'm a little frustrated with the recent update (as of September 2013) as the ruddy thing has utterly disabled DSMFix, which hasn't been updated yet to counter this … (I'm using the non-steam release)
Yikes, Steam is not updated but I better go and disable auto updates just in case… And me just a couple of days away from starting a replay Thanks for the heads up!

JonNik

SasqWatch

December 20th, 2013, 07:47

I actually played through Demons Souls over a series of 4-5 weekends after a friend loaned me his PS3. I've been intending to write a report at the Watch to describe some of my thoughts on it. It's not as punishing as Dark Souls and not near as difficult, but that being said I did play on offline mode to avoid the moronic trolls out there.

You can certainly see the echoes of design in certain moments (the Nexus transmogrifying into Firelink, the shades of Blighttown in the Valley of Defilement and Tower of Latria's lower marsh section) for example.

Speaking of Dark Souls itself though, I'm a little frustrated with the recent update (as of September 2013) as the ruddy thing has utterly disabled DSMFix, which hasn't been updated yet to counter this. If anyone knows of a better fix so that I can use keyboard and mouse again without any glitches, I'd certainly appreciate it. (I'm using the non-steam release)
Follow the link and download the latest version hosted on SkyDrive. It works with the most recent version of Dark Souls (that I'm aware of) although you may have to additionally edit an .ini file to make it work properly. If you're already using that version and the September patch overwrote it I guess I'm behind the times.

mikloy

Traveler

December 20th, 2013, 09:12
There is a fix which works great with September version, it is probably the one from the link above… I am playing it just fine.

GothicGothicness

SasqWatch

December 20th, 2013, 09:17
erm mindfart You guys are probably correct. I bought the game on september so I guess I already have that version.

Version 09 of the DSmfix works fine for me too…

JonNik

SasqWatch

December 20th, 2013, 10:03
Link? Where?

@Gothicgothicness
Are you playing with Mouse and Keyboard as well?

There's one particular amateur fix that I found on the Steam forums
which ostensibly works: It at least makes the DSMFix work again. However I've experienced some very strange glitches with it, one of which will randomly make me invade worlds even in hollow form! After the fourth or fifth time, I'd had enough.

For those interested, this is the fix I tried: http://steamcommunity.com/app/211420…5329386779/#p5

I've got a friend who is keen for some co-op with our newest characters, so I'm keen to get my head around this little problem.

Diddledy high,
Diddledy low,
Come brave blood sheep,
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj

Pessimeister

Living Backwards

December 20th, 2013, 10:14
I can upload it once I am on my gaming rig. It runs perfectly with mouse + keyboard + graphics.

GothicGothicness

SasqWatch

December 20th, 2013, 10:15
Ah, I only play offline so I did not notice any online related glitches. For me with DSmfix 09 I hat to put the sensitivity to max from the mods configurator and lower camera speed to 2 ingame iirc to get a smooth and controlable experience…

This is the version I am using.

JonNik

SasqWatch

December 20th, 2013, 10:59
I only play offline as well and was using the same dsmfix you posted JonNik, before the recent September patch. It was only at my friend's request that I tried logging back in to GFWL and encountered this rather strange bollocks.
Hopefully another fix will be made/found soon, or that my solution is a simple ini alteration staring at me in the face.

Diddledy high,
Diddledy low,
Come brave blood sheep,
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj

Pessimeister

Living Backwards

December 20th, 2013, 11:02
Are you sure you don't have the ring for the covenant of cat equipped ?

That will cause exactly what you described as soon as you go near the forest above the waterfalls….

GothicGothicness

SasqWatch

December 20th, 2013, 12:58
Ahh, GothicGothicness, I bow to your knowledge of Dark Souls lore, for I believe you've nailed it in one. Thank you kindly, I believe you've fixed my problem.
What an odd piece of causation from having a ring equipped…
The random invasions were even happening near the Undead Parish, but I'd often end up in the Darkroot Garden.

The only minor annoyance I have now is the target lock tends to go astray sometimes and doesn't let me cycle spells, but I can easily adjust to that if it means camera manipulation and functionality has been restored. Thanks again!

Diddledy high,
Diddledy low,
Come brave blood sheep,
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj

Pessimeister

Living Backwards

December 20th, 2013, 18:14
When I wrote my above post I was stuck on the Tower Knight boss. I finally beat him last night though. It took me a few hours to figure out there were stairs I could run up. Then I discovered the archers who were making my life miserable, though I never noticed them earlier because the Knight would just step on me in two seconds and I'd be dead. I'm a slow learner.

But once I discovered the stairs and took out the archers, I used my ranged magic to take him out fairly easily. I suppose this is the gutless way of taking care of him, but I don't care he's dead. Dead is dead. I think I will mold this guy into a caster like I did in Dark Souls. I don't know if that makes the game easier or if I'm just really good at playing that particular class. But it worked for me in Dark Souls (mostly) and so maybe it will in Demon's Souls also.

Also, in regard to your DSFIX problems, I used DSFIX with Dark Souls (steam version) and did not have any issues. BUT I did play with a controller so maybe I just didn't notice the mouse problems. I used DSFIX just for the higher resolution.

If I'm right but there is no wife around to acknowledge it, am I still right?

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch

December 22nd, 2013, 18:12
Hey fellow watchers, there's a link here (http://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls/co…_4_files_that/) where you can find the pre-steam-patch key files, download them and overwrite your existing to practically roll-back DS to the pre-patch version. Naturally, switch steam updates off for DS.

Doing so makes you play with working DSfix, DSmfix and DScfix. You can play coop with others who have this and there's no invasions practically. This workaround might be just the thing for people looking exclusively for coop (I miss being invaded but I had to roll back to be able to use DSfix so…).

Soulbane

Seeker of knowledge

December 22nd, 2013, 19:07
But DSFix 04 and DSmfix 09 work fine with the steam version
(I know, I am replaying as a sort of Fighter-sorceress build right now and having a blast )

JonNik

SasqWatch

December 22nd, 2013, 19:49
The only minor annoyance I have now is the target lock tends to go astray sometimes and doesn't let me cycle spells, but I can easily adjust to that if it means camera manipulation and functionality has been restored. Thanks again!
Missed that. You do know that you can switch the mouse wheel lock to mouse look through the DSmfix ini or the mod's config app right? (Unless I misunderstand what you are saying)

For reference:

Spoiler – My DSFix ini

Spoiler – My DSMfix ini

I also set High Quality 16xAF from the Nvidia panel. Add to that a bit of Digital vibrance and a decent IPS monitor and the game looks pretty damn good indeed

JonNik

SasqWatch

December 23rd, 2013, 03:53
Hi JonNik, yes, that's exactly what I do via DSmfix. I have Mouse wheel for scroll and button 3 for lock on. It works great for the most part, but seems different somehow after the update - that could just be my memory playing tricks though!

This is actually only my second playthrough as well (exactly one summer ago; my reports are in the impressions thread). I'm playing a pure blooded Sorceress with some minor pyromancy experimentation. I've made it to the two archers in Anor Londo who are giving me a nice strategic headache.

Diddledy high,
Diddledy low,
Come brave blood sheep,
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj

Pessimeister

Living Backwards

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dark Souls II - Live Action Teaser