|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » David Gaider - Characters I Didnít Write

Default David Gaider - Characters I Didnít Write

December 28th, 2013, 11:29
Lead Writer of BioWare's Dragon Age games David Gaider answers a question on his blog about the characters he didnít write.

Here was the fans question.

So as lead writer Iím sure you tend to get first choice, but I was wondering have you ever wanted to write another personís character? Maybe because they just seem so interesting to you or because you found how they were progressing interesting?

And here is part of his response.

If there was a character I really wish Iíd had the chance to write, itíd probably be Jowan in DAO. I thought he was a challenge, taking a character who was a coward and bring him through an arc of redemption, saying something about courage and what it takes to come back from doing something terrible. He wasnít planned to join the party from the beginning, but for a while he was in the roster and I was very fired up to do itóand then we had to cut him, perhaps in part because others in the team thought he was lame. Which he was, but I saw him in terms of what he could becomeónot what he was in that plot. So that was difficult to let go of.
More information.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

December 28th, 2013, 11:29
Much more interesting character then the ones the left in your party.

guenthar

SasqWatch

Send a message via Skype™ to guenthar

December 28th, 2013, 15:10
It's not that I'll defend his work (I consider it mediocre), but that's why Fenris and Anders were so poorly written at DA2. Well I hope BW will hire better secondary writers for Inquisition.

Sumerisle

Watcher

December 28th, 2013, 15:18
Had I liked Dragon Age I wouldn't feel robbed after reading this blog entry.

EvilManagedCare

Sentinel

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » David Gaider - Characters I Didnít Write