|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Winter-Themed RPG's

Default Winter-Themed RPG's

January 2nd, 2014, 06:19
You have already mentioned Icewind dale, but there are some great mods for it out there as well. My favorite would be Icewind Dale NPCs. It lets you play with five NPCs, each with their own dialogue and background story. Most if not all of the text is even voice acted at a very impressive level for a mod.

I would really recommend getting it, if you are planning to do an Icewind dale play though, the 5 NPC characters are seamlessly worked into the game world and if you didn’t know it. You would think the where a part of the original game.

Firestorm

exp Looter

January 2nd, 2014, 11:00
There is nice wintery area in dark souls called Painted World of Ariamis. It's an old run down castle ruin with lots of undead. One of my favourite areas of the game. It's a small part of the game though.

Lemonhead

Keeper of the Watch

January 21st, 2014, 14:41
There's a little survival flash game called Snowdrift that's all about winter — and darkness, creating a bridge to the "dark themed RPGs" thread. I've only played day 1, but it seemed very atmospheric.

"Mystery is important. To know everything, to know the whole truth, is dull. There is no magic in that. Magic is not knowing, magic is wondering about what and how and where." ~ Cortez, from The Longest Journey

Arhu

Feline Wizard
RPGWatch Team

January 21st, 2014, 15:01
Recently released Banner saga is also winter themed and it's good game imo.
Last edited by Nameless one; January 21st, 2014 at 15:17.

Nameless one

Keeper of the Watch

January 21st, 2014, 16:11
If MMOs are valid, then Lord of the Rings Online have some of these areas like Misty Mountains, Forochel (the water of the bay in that area is freezing and players die in seconds if they enter the water) and Wildermore

gandalf.nho

Huntress

January 21st, 2014, 18:37
Elder Scrolls I & II come to mind, I hugely enjoy their wintery bits. Also the Ultima Underworlds have that dank, dark, uncomfortable feel (that I didn't get from, say, Arx Fatalis).

"In Grimwhoah, you can ride on turtles."

Sacred_Path

Basement Horror

February 7th, 2014, 12:54
Heroine's Quest, a point&click adventure game (free) which is based on Nordic mythology and created in Quest for Glory style gameplay. It is full of winter and can be considered as a RPG for having character development and fighting.

And obviously Realms of Arkania: the Blade of Destiny. Many brave warriors who wanted to find that sword died due to frostbite or by charlatan healers (I wish they would implement charlatan healers to remake as well).

ugralitan

Watcher

Tags
rpg, snow, winter
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Winter-Themed RPG's