Fallout 3 - Ties that Bind Mod

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Ties that Bind is a new mod for Fallout 3 that adds a new family member to your journey through the game. I just started playing and so far it's enjoyable.

Ties that Bind - A Narrative Companion Mod

The mod was inspired by Liam Neeson's emotionally evocative portrayal of the player's father, and aims to build on this experience through a character who voices many of the natural responses the player has to the game's events. The tie between the player and Amanda will eventually grow even stronger than that with the father, as she is always with him/her through thick and thin, until the bitter end where her survival will rest in the player's hands.

Features

Ties that Bind features over 700 lines of dialogue, written by the same talent behind The Institute, and professionally voiced by actress Amanda Jane Herries. It promises a compelling story that adds to and enhances the original Fallout 3 narrative; including cutscenes, dynamic experience, and choices with genuine consequence.
You can download the mod off the nexus.

More information.

I just can't imagine taking my sister along on my adventures. I didn't understand why the author just didn't change Amata to make her the companion in this adventure, add a romance storyline and get about 200% more downloads. Maybe he's from Kentucky :)

I just can't imagine taking my sister along on my adventures. I didn't understand why the author just didn't change Amata to make her the companion in this adventure, add a romance storyline and get about 200% more downloads. Maybe he's from Kentucky :)

God forbid, he did a slightly different companion mod that doesnt involve romance.. Torch him!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Getting kind of bored of all the female companions in Beth's(/Obisidians) games. seems like its 90% females. When i played FO:NV i couldnt find even one male companion. It's probably just me but i really dont play games for sex or relationship fantasies :p (no, nothing wrong in it, it just doesnt appeal to me).

Getting kind of bored of all the female companions in Beth's(/Obisidians) games. seems like its 90% females. When i played FO:NV i couldnt find even one male companion. It's probably just me but i really dont play games for sex or relationship fantasies :p (no, nothing wrong in it, it just doesnt appeal to me).

You're not alone on the in-game romance front. You should definitely try out the best companion mod in New Vegas: Niner.

When i played FO:NV i couldnt find even one male companion.
I can't believe this. Really can't.
You saying no sniping, no fun with a ghoul and no help from Enclave remnants with their OP armor on your back? And it's not mods I'm talking about but the unmodded game.

Now I know why ppl think FO3 is better than F:NV.
INSTALL, REPLAY!

Yes, in NV you can't nuke a village with total of 10 inhabitants fradulently called a town. Why would that you stop from replaying it?

—-

Just to add… I don't really care if there is or are romance subplots in a game, but I do like if those are done good. In NV, without 3rd party mods, there are no romance options for main character as the game was designed specifically not to have those. Yes, Obsidian didn't want to add that stuff for a reason. crpgnut described why some modders had to spit on the original design and make that stuff - they wanted to get 200% more downloads than they deserved.

Replies in this thread remind me why I don't post mod news on a regular basis.
icon_speech_sigh.gif

FWIW I'm certainly interested in which mods are interesting or considered must-try.

Me too. I love mod news. Ties that bind doesn't necessarily interest me, but the NWN2 stuff you mentioned will def get a look. I'm not afraid of being male, and I enjoy the opposite sex. Feel sorry for the wives of the prudes on here, honestly. My wife is glad that I take an interest in the female form. She'd much rather me play make believe in a game than go out looking for love in all the wrong places :p

My wife loves all the sim games where you make a house, have kids, get a job etc. I don't get bent out of shape when she marries Johnny Cash or Vince Gill or whoever.

Back
Top Bottom