NWN2 - Mods By Tsongo

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Some of you may still play NWN2, or bought it from GOG recently. I thought I would share a few mods by a modder called Tsongo. I do have to warn you they do contain some adult content. It's nothing explicit but it may bother some players.

Serene
You wake up at home in the village of Marintree slightly the worst for wear after a night of partying with the local dryads. A contest is being held in the village to select people to join the Order of the Moon as your sister Serene did a couple of years ago. Events unfold and what starts as a hunt for Serene turns into revenge.
A Fairy Tale
Once upon a time in a far away land you were given a job to do, a job that would take you on a journey that would alter the way that this land would be forever.
Bad Habits
A high kicking, low punching, staff wielding, kama waving story driven campaign for human monks that will take your sack wearing brother or sister from level 1 to 20.
More information.

Last edited:
No brothel management? A pity.

No brothel management? A pity.
The mods barely come close to be being R rated in some parts. They are among the best mods for NWN2 in my opinion. I guess it's easier to complain than to try them yourself.

Anyway for those willing to give them a try his mods have some of the best npc interaction. You actually come to care about the people you travel with.

The best part of all is every mod has a proper ending. You wont be let down or wondering what happens next.

Last edited:
Hmm something not right here....

I was cleaning up my loft yesterday and found the original NWN2 and Mask of Betray disks so installed them and was planning on getting some mods and here I see a list being posted! Thanks Couchpotato.

I think some of the modules above require all the expansions but I guess the cheap place to get them is gog.com along with the full games?

Hmm something not right here….

I was cleaning up my loft yesterday and found the original NWN2 and Mask of Betray disks so installed them and was planning on getting some mods and here I see a list being posted! Thanks Couchpotato.

I think some of the modules above require all the expansions but I guess the cheap place to get them is gog.com along with the full games?

Yeah that's usually the case with most mods nowadays you need all the expansions. GOG had it on sale for a few weeks, and as part of a bundle.

I don't see it on sale anywhere else right now. The good news is you can still play his first mod called Serenre as you only need NWN2:MotB.

Last edited:
Yeah that's usually the case with most mods nowadays you need all the expansions. GOG had it on sale for a few weeks, and as part of a bundle.

I don't see it on sale anywhere else right now. The good news is you can still play his first mod called Serenre as you only need NWN2:MotB.

I just saw the post about gog.com sale so I might get lucky soon :)

Only nwn2 mod I'm actually interested in trying out right now is Baldur's Gate Reloaded; I actually loaded it up in the last couple days.

Although, now that I get to thinking, I do wonder if there was ever anything competently done with the overhead world exploration introduced in Storm of Zehir - quite enjoyed that.

I really enjoyed SoZ too. The last part was dull but the rest was quite fun as I recall.

I didn't care much for Soz but for $5 for nwn2 I would just buy the complete package.
-
I have a question on Bad Habits. Is it correct that you have to 'buy' a membership to access this module? Anyway to access it without a credit card ?

Thanks,
I will make a note to check out Bad Habits sometime. There are so many wonderful mods. One of my favorites is The Maimed God's Saga, it is RPG/Lore heavy; You play as a Cleric of Tyr and only have one other party member to manage, which I found interesting. I would imagine some members may enjoy the mod, if you still have NWN2 installed.

Crimmor is also pretty damn good, though it focuses on different things than combat or heavy companion interaction.

There are plenty of good mods for NWN2, though somewhat hard to find really outstanding ones. Maimed Gods Saga mentioned above is another good one.

Some NWN2 mods that I would highly recommend are:

Planescape: The Shaper of Dreams (it was originally made in German and is slowly being translated into English. Currently 4/6 chapters are available in English). Very well done mod with a good story.

Conan Chronicles 1 & 2 Very well done adaptation of the Conan stories. And despite what you may assume it is not just for fighters; there are a lot of opportunities to hone rogue skills.

Tales from the Lake of Sorrows a decent and fairly long adventure.

The Maimed Gods Saga as others have mentioned, this one is a must play. Pity there won't be a part 2 but it's basically complete on its own.

Huh looks like Nexus obfuscated their sign up process… that's a bit of a shame.
Anyway just scroll to the bottom and dont click on any of the premium membership options and just click sign-up. You can make an account without selecting any of the premium options.

Edit: Tsongo's mods are also very high quality. I recommend Serene first, as it starts in a less awkward fashion than Fairy Tale does. Haven't tried Bad Habits.

I can't see why someone would create a non-D&D mod in the NWN2 engine. Especially with DA:O's engine being available.

Hum anyway to get bad habits without a credit card….

No credit card needed for any modules, except for bioware made ones. Just click the see adult content in options once you sign up to Neverwinter nexus.

Some of the NWN2 mods are pretty cool like the wizards apprentice.. but I still think some of the best mods are on the original NWN. I'd definitely recommend hex coda and the prophet series. I think rpgwatch has a list somewhere.

I check the nwvault weekly and it seems to me like more mods still come out for nwn than nwn2.

I can't see why someone would create a non-D&D mod in the NWN2 engine. Especially with DA:O's engine being available.

Speaking of DA:O engine, is there any good mods available for that?

Speaking of DA:O engine, is there any good mods available for that?
A couple of mods are available but nothing like what you find for both NWN games.
You can find most of them here.

Link-http://www.nexusmods.com/dragonage/mods/searchresults/?src_cat=27
Your not the only one who wonders why aren't there more mods. We had almost five years and we mostly got armor, and cosmetic mods.

I think the main reason is the toolset is not as user friendly. I only know of one good mod that's still in development right now.

Link-http://www.roseofeternity.com/journal/december_2013.htm

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom