|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Bethesda Softworks - Fan Petition for Fallout 4

Default Bethesda Softworks - Fan Petition for Fallout 4

January 4th, 2014, 05:01
IncGamers has news of a fan petition for Fallout 4 confirmation by Bethesda.

If you remember last November the survivor2299 site kicked off the whole Fallout 4 buzz with a bang but was subsequently revealed to be a hoax which upset many fans of the series. There was also the EU trademark filing mystery which again turned out to be a hoax.

Once all that had been confirmed as fakes and Bethesda announced they would not reveal anything at the VGX in December it was apparent they had no intention of revealing Fallout 4.

Then on 12 December word of a leaked script for Fallout 4 surfaced, and while it wasn’t confirmed as the script for Fallout 4, the dialogue certainly hinted that it was legitimate.

Bethesda took a fair amount of criticism for not shutting down all the hoaxes and they joined the party rather late in the day to debunk all the rumours with the following Tweet on 5 December.

With all that history fans are now urging Bethesda to step up and help put their minds at rest. A petition has just been launched by fans asking Bethesda to “throw throw us a bone” with any kind of hint that it is in development.

Petitions such as this will unlikely have any sway with a developer but if you feel passionate enough about Fallout 4 then why not fire your name down on the list.
More information.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

January 4th, 2014, 05:01
Waste of time I think. I'm sure they will be making FO4. Also there's no incentive for Bethesda to give any info as they know anyone signing this petition is a day one sale anyway.

Personally I never could get in to FO3 or FNV so if number 4 never comes I won't miss it.

sakichop

SasqWatch

January 4th, 2014, 06:04
I'm sure their PR arm is rolling around the floor bursting their kidneys in laughter over this petition - they'll reveal it whenever they think the right time is (probably when they've got an opening reveal trailer together around a year before release) and not a moment before (unless there's a leak).

Avantre

Watcher

January 4th, 2014, 06:20
Yeah, I don't think Pete Hines and company will cow-tow to fan pressure. Skyrim is still selling like hotcakes, so I don't think Bethesda is hurting for money….yet. Once their MMO comes out; if it doesn't do well, then Fallout 4 news will start flowing fast and furious. I'm not sure how much of Bethesda Softwork's money is the same as Zenimax Online Studios money. There has to be some crossover, but how much is a question I'd love the answer to.

Skyrim cost 85 million to make and ESO is at 200 million. Skyrim has probably made between 750 million and a billion. That seems to point to plenty of money left for Fallout 4 and TES VI: AkaVIr However, MMO's are a constant draw on revenue and if they're not earning all that back themselves, then I wonder if Skyrim money starts paying the bills.

'nut

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

January 4th, 2014, 07:01
Thought it was about something more substantial when I saw the title. I sure won't mind being spared of Bethesda's hype machine for a little longer.

I'd just like to interject here and point out that I'm not going to say anything to spoil the mood, Chief. I'll just float here and watch. Don't mind me, just sitting here, floating and watching, that's me.

Kostas

Dormant Watcher

January 4th, 2014, 08:56
I'm not desperate enough for info about FO IV to plead with Beth to "throw me a bone". I can lead long and happy life without knowing.

zahratustra

SasqWatch

January 4th, 2014, 09:10
I only posted this as a news filler.

I don't recall any petition working since the Dark Souls port. As stated above their PR arm is grateful for all the early press, and laughing at this.

"Frankly Sir /Madam I don't give a damn about your opinion."- Couchpotato
Last edited by Couchpotato; January 4th, 2014 at 10:04.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

January 4th, 2014, 09:55
Coach, I appreciate your news post (even fillers) I just don't love all your babies with equal affection so quit being so overprotective

zahratustra

SasqWatch

January 4th, 2014, 10:00
Originally Posted by zahratustra View Post
Coach, I appreciate your news post (even fillers) I just don't love all your babies with equal affection so quit being so overprotective
I was only giving my opinion. Now excuse me I have to comfort somebody. Hush my precious news-bit he didn't mean it.

Warning- (This is a joke don't take it serious.)

"Frankly Sir /Madam I don't give a damn about your opinion."- Couchpotato
Last edited by Couchpotato; January 4th, 2014 at 10:19.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

January 4th, 2014, 12:46
Then on 12 December word of a leaked script for Fallout 4 surfaced, and while it wasn’t confirmed as the script for Fallout 4, the dialogue certainly hinted that it was legitimate.
It was probably just a misunderstanding anyway. When Bethesda's writing is concerned, it's easy to make such a mistake.

Drithius

Misbegotten Alien

January 4th, 2014, 18:02
Fallout New Vegas is one of my favorite games of all time, but I'm not signing any petition because they probably don't care. I can't imagine they WON'T do another Fallout game.

Hadn't I heard they were going to do one set in the Boston, MA area? Could've just been a rumor I guess.

Sir Markus

Keeper of the Watch

January 4th, 2014, 19:19
Originally Posted by Sir Markus View Post
they probably don't care.
Fixed it for you.

And I'm also not signing, 2014 is a year of numerous titles, we'll hear about FO4 when all the fuss is done with, in december.

Toka Koka

joxer

Mass Effect 4 Shepard
RPGWatch Donor

January 4th, 2014, 20:46
Originally Posted by Sir Markus View Post
Fallout New Vegas is one of my favorite games of all time, but I'm not signing any petition because they probably don't care.
Well Beth didn't make NV, (Obsidian did) so I wouldn't lose any sleep over F4.

Looking forward to Wasteland 2 and Underrail, as far as upcoming post-apoc rpg go.

As far as I'm concerned, Beth and the Toddler can go F off.

bussinrounds

Watcher

January 4th, 2014, 21:05
Who in their right mind doesn't think that they are already working on it….people need dumb things to sign I guess.

If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch

January 5th, 2014, 03:45
Originally Posted by crpgnut View Post
Yeah, I don't think Pete Hines and company will cow-tow to fan pressure. Skyrim is still selling like hotcakes, so I don't think Bethesda is hurting for money….yet. Once their MMO comes out; if it doesn't do well, then Fallout 4 news will start flowing fast and furious. I'm not sure how much of Bethesda Softwork's money is the same as Zenimax Online Studios money. There has to be some crossover, but how much is a question I'd love the answer to.

Skyrim cost 85 million to make and ESO is at 200 million. Skyrim has probably made between 750 million and a billion. That seems to point to plenty of money left for Fallout 4 and TES VI: AkaVIr However, MMO's are a constant draw on revenue and if they're not earning all that back themselves, then I wonder if Skyrim money starts paying the bills.
Yeah, I'm curious if they are more self-sustained now. Zenimax Media got $300mi in Private Equity in october 2007 (that's around the time development for TESO started and they started buying up studios and opening offices around the world). And they got another injection of Private Equity in october 2010 of $150mi.

These ofcourse paid for some of the investments, but they have to paid back with interest at some point.

JuliusMagnus

Indulgent Wastrel

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Bethesda Softworks - Fan Petition for Fallout 4