|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Pillars of Eternity - Post-Funding Update #70

Default Pillars of Eternity - Post-Funding Update #70

January 15th, 2014, 05:23
Obsidian posted a New Year Project Update on Kickstater for Pillars of Eternity.

New Year Project Update

Hello, everyone. Like everyone here at Obsidian, I hope you had a great holiday season and were able to gorge on lots of treats and good food. This week I am going to go over a bit about the new Backer Portal (please log in if you haven't already), give a general update about where we are in our production, and show off some of the cool things that are happening in the game. In our next update we will be taking a more detailed look at some of the classes in Eternity.

Areas

As most of you know, we finished up Od Nua (our mega-dungeon) in our last milestone. I have to say, I think it looks pretty amazing. Currently, the area team is working on our second big city, Twin Elms, and it is looking just as good. Here, take a look for yourself.

Ancient Engwithan ruins near Twin Elms

Without getting into too much detail, the Area Designers are fleshing out the end of the game right now and everything is really coming together. The area in the screenshot above looks like the perfect place for a big fight, huh?

Characters

Our character team has been cranking out new creatures and equipment.

We are almost completely through all of our A priority creatures. Soon we will be working on our B priority creatures and lots of equipment variations.

One of the creatures that was just finished to Alpha quality is the Cean Gŵla. These banshee-like undead are the spirits of women who died under particularly tragic or traumatic circumstances.

Take a look at the comparison images below.

UI

Most of our UI has either been implemented or mocked up to an Alpha level. The interface that we would like to show you today is the character sheet, which shows character and party information. You can find lots of useful info on the sheet including various party statistics, your reputations with Eternity factions, and character stats.

The character sheet has many useful player and party statistics.
More information.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

January 15th, 2014, 05:23
Sounds like it's a lot further along than I thought. I have to admit, I do rather like how easy it is to calculate the benefits of each attribute point on the screenshot.

greywolf00

Sentinel

January 15th, 2014, 11:24
lovely screenshot!

C

Crilloan

Sentinel

January 15th, 2014, 11:38
Sounds like they are closer to release than we thought, indeed. Good news!

Yme

Sentinel

January 15th, 2014, 13:31
The character sheet is interesting. Lots of details and stats, me like.

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

January 15th, 2014, 13:46
Very nice UI

gandalf.nho

Huntress

January 15th, 2014, 13:59
Things are coming along nicely! This is one of my most anticipated games - can't wait :-)

booboo

Keeper of the Watch

January 15th, 2014, 15:16
I always enjoyed BG's party and NPC data dealing with most damage done, percentage of kills, etc. It satisfied inner munchkin. Nice to see it make a return.

Has Obsidian said anything about bringing an "almanac of creatures" back? Akin to what Torment had?

Drithius

Misbegotten Alien

January 15th, 2014, 15:25
Originally Posted by Drithius View Post
I always enjoyed BG's party and NPC data dealing with most damage done, percentage of kills, etc. It satisfied inner munchkin. Nice to see it make a return.

Has Obsidian said anything about bringing an "almanac of creatures" back? Akin to what Torment had?
In-game don't know, but the collector's book will have lore about creatures

gandalf.nho

Huntress

January 15th, 2014, 17:42
Unlike most Kickstarted games,the more they reveal about this one the better it looks.
Fingers crossed.

Japol

Watcher

January 15th, 2014, 18:15
More evidence that all the antiKickstarter plebs were flat out full of it. This game would not exist without us backers, so remember that next time you choose to badmouth crowdfunding. In fact, those of you on the fence, there are still many amazing RPGs that need help. Let's create the third golden age of RPGs!!!!

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
Groucho Marx

PegasusOrgans

Watchdog

January 15th, 2014, 18:39
Originally Posted by PegasusOrgans View Post
More evidence that all the antiKickstarter plebs were flat out full of it. This game would not exist without us backers, so remember that next time you choose to badmouth crowdfunding. In fact, those of you on the fence, there are still many amazing RPGs that need help. Let's create the third golden age of RPGs!!!!
While I do agree with you, let's wait until a couple of the bigger titles (like WL2, PoE or Torment, D:OS doesn't really count does it) are released and hopefully well received, and THEN we can say I told you so! (Although I actually think what we already have is proof enough, games like FTL, Shadowrun returns and now The Banner Saga already have me convinced that crowdfunding is the best thing to happen to RPG'ers. Ever.)

tomasp3n

Watchamacallit?

January 15th, 2014, 18:49
Like the character sheet UI. Nice to see some tangible progress!

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

January 16th, 2014, 05:41
Currently, the area team is working on our second big city, Twin Elms, and it is looking just as good. Here, take a look for yourself.
Woah, that does look good! Really, really good!

Nice UI screeny too.

Problem is the better this game looks, the more I want to play it, the more annoyed I am that it doesn't have Baldurs Gate style multiplayer! Ugh, so annoying!

SirJames

Sentinel

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Pillars of Eternity - Post-Funding Update #70