|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Loren the amazon princess

Default Loren the amazon princess

January 15th, 2014, 18:19
No it's not xena warrior princess, but looks cute:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/257970/

Anyone tried it, is it worth a shot?

[EDIT]
Don't bother. According to wiki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loren_the_Amazon_Princess

It's a visual novel with RPG elements, c&c included and only for mature audiences.

Instabought.

Toka Koka
Last edited by joxer; January 15th, 2014 at 18:38.

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

January 15th, 2014, 20:54
I have played two of these games already from the developer there not bad, but to have them mentioned here made my day. I always thought no one would ever play them or mention them at all on site. So Bravo Joxer for being the one to do so.

You should try Planet Stronghold if you liked the game as it's more of the same, but has better combat. Just remember though even if the game is for mature audiences it barely deserves an R rating at most.

I almost forgot they have a censored version also for those that hate seeing drawn breasts. You can even turn off the racy parts from the option menu in the regular edition.

"We must stand strong my fellow watchers against the horde of red trolls."- The Couchpotato
Last edited by Couchpotato; January 15th, 2014 at 22:42.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

January 15th, 2014, 22:34
I remember seeing screenshots for that when I tried the demo of planet stronghold and being curious about it. I was very on the fence about planet stronghold after the demo, and didn't end up buying it. But I'm still curious to hear opinions on either game. Making it to Steam makes it more likely that I'd give one a try.

fadedc

Keeper of the Watch

January 15th, 2014, 22:55
Planet Stronghold was kind of short but I enjoyed it enough that I'll pick up Loren at some point. There are definitely 2 different story paths in Planet Stronghold depending on who you wind up siding with.

greywolf00

Sentinel

January 15th, 2014, 23:53
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Planet Stronghold
Finished that one ages ago.
But yea, it was pretty short. Too short!

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

January 18th, 2014, 20:27
Joxer - thank you for the tip
-> Loren the amazon princess - is a fun and challenging game!

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong. - HL Mencken

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Donor

January 19th, 2014, 16:19
I finished the game on the hard difficulty level after 26 hours.

Recommended!

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong. - HL Mencken

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Donor

January 19th, 2014, 16:47
I'm still on it… But I must say I'm not hooked like I was on Planet Stronghold. Somehow the story overall didn't meet my taste, the writing is good, but still it didn't glue me. Will try to play more today.
Got most of NPCs on 5 hearts but still can't choose which romance to take in the end (or all if that's possible). Any suggestions?
And no, I don't care whether it's hetero or homo, but which one doesn't feel soapish yucky in the end?

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

January 19th, 2014, 18:07
Not soapish - then you have to date the
Spoiler
I think.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Donor

January 20th, 2014, 00:21
I played a couple hours of this on ipad. It's not too bad and on $6 on Ipad. not sure if it's identical to the pc version.

sakichop

SasqWatch

January 21st, 2014, 17:24
So far my biggest issue is the combat. I'm about halfway or so through chapter 2 on hard difficulty and so far I am yet to encounter a fight that isn't a complete pushover.

The story itself is not so bad, but the writing is poor, it kind of reminds me of a Saturday morning cartoon. I had that issue with Planet Stronghold as well, but it's something I can overlook.

I do like the format of the game, with battles being (mostly) non random story events. It makes for an interesting change of pace compared to other games.

fadedc

Keeper of the Watch

January 21st, 2014, 18:34
Playing a pure Fighter makes the game easier.

In my first playtrough I used an Archer/Healer and the game was much more difficult.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Donor

January 21st, 2014, 18:37
I'm playing an archer/healer and my main character feels extremely weak compared to other characters in my party. However the fights in the game are still a complete pushover even with my weak main character. Maybe they get harder after chapter 2.

Originally Posted by HiddenX View Post
Playing a pure Fighter makes the game easier.

In my first playtrough I used an Archer/Healer and the game was much more difficult.

fadedc

Keeper of the Watch

February 23rd, 2014, 21:44
Gameplay video

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Donor

March 2nd, 2014, 01:17
Ha ha I have been surprised to see this one quoted even with some reserve. The video is too much done in hurry, it's hard to figure the game. Checked some let's play very quickly and with many fast forward… The writing is dull but I rejected it too fast. The problem I can see is its structure without exploration would be fine for me but with good combats and good writing and none seem that good. But well I even got some laugh on some stupid humor, and seeing the non ridiculous tree of skills, combats that are sort of improved M&M system, could be not that bad. I'll check it more later.

Ihaterpg

Banned

RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Loren the amazon princess