|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Arcanum (Blind) Playthrough!

Default Arcanum (Blind) Playthrough!

January 23rd, 2014, 03:22
New episode is live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btzlW29h_NE

In this episode I explore Bessie Toone's mine and continue running around Shrouded Hills.

Without spoilers, is there a way to get to Delfhorn (sp?) from Shrouded Hills? I couldn't figure out how to do it.

Fluent

RPG Fiend
RPGWatch Team

January 23rd, 2014, 04:07
I think you need to cross the bridge of death first?

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

January 23rd, 2014, 09:42
Dernholm is south east of Shrouded Hills I believe, and should be available once you get to the overland map. I honestly don't know if doing the bridge quest is required or not, as I simply do it by default before leaving Shrouded Hills.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

January 23rd, 2014, 19:08
I probably have to cross that dang bridge. Bridge of death, indeed. I can't seem to win that fight.

Fluent

RPG Fiend
RPGWatch Team

January 23rd, 2014, 21:15
EDIT: One point in persuasion, doing the dirty deed for the thieves, or molotov cocktails (ridiculously overpowered and cheap tech weapon) will get you past the bridge. I never beat the bridge goons in a fair fight.

On tech aptitude: AFAIK it does three things.

- The few tech items that increase stats (mechanized plate, the no-brainer charged rings and not that much else) have reduced effect if your aptitude is too low.

- It acts as magic resistance (which isnt useful given how rarely that comes into play)

- It lowers critical failure risk for more advanced tech equipment. Plenty of tech gear have a minimum aptitude requirement that you need to meet in order to avoid this.

The guns that are good enough to be competitive (hand cannon, elephant gun, tesla gun and droch's warbringer) all require a tech aptitude of 80-100.

I dont know whether the extra crit failures make any significant difference in practical gameplay, given that my techies tend to max out aptitude (utility skills such as pick lock and repair count as tech). I didnt have any issues giving the very best tech melee weapons to aptitude neutral NPCs.

Magical equipment and spells are more directly affected by aptitude, as the enchantment bonus and spell damage are scaled by your aptitude.

Zaleukos

Bum

February 1st, 2014, 23:42
Thanks for the tips! Very much appreciated.

I didn't realize Arcanum would be so…huge. Tarant is massive! It seems like a large, in-depth RPG. I'm having fun with it, and hopefully it makes for somewhat entertaining viewing, even though in the last episode I mostly just explored Tarant.

New episode is on my channel for whoever is interested!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PBkA…re=c4-overview

Fluent

RPG Fiend
RPGWatch Team

RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Arcanum (Blind) Playthrough!