|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General Non-RPG » Etherium - A Sci-Fi RTS Game

Default Etherium - A Sci-Fi RTS Game

January 18th, 2014, 07:09
Etherium is a new Sci-Fi RTS from Tindalos Interactive. I have a new trailer to share along with some game details. I have to say it has my interest.

loading…

ETHERIUM: FIRST TROOP DEPLOYMENT ON VIDEO!

Etherium, the new futuristic real-time strategy title developed by Tindalos Interactive, the studio that created Stellar Impact, is now unveiling its very first video!

This first teaser sets the scene of the universe of Etherium and shows the first colony of the Consortium, one of the three playable factions in the game, landing on Serenade, the desert planet rich in etherium. The Consortium is deploying its forces in preparation for the struggle against the Council and Galaad, the two other factions in the game that will soon invade the planet in an attempt to seize control.

In Etherium, three empires are locked in a ruthless struggle to control the etherium, a mysterious and precious resource found only on a handful of planets. Take the lead of one of the three factions, each with its individual characteristics, strengths, weaknesses, technologies and special skills such as climate control, espionage and precognition.

The solo campaign in Etherium is non-linear: you are free to decide how your conquests progress. Manage your resources, expand your colonies and extend your control of the map to assemble an army capable of crushing your opponents. Epic battles will ensue between formidable armies comprising numerous units: infantry, tanks, aircraft, and even gigantic colossi of war several meters high; real machines of destruction! You will also use scientific research to develop a tech tree enabling you to unlock new units and upgrades, access new structures to develop your colony and to use new special skills.

Etherium has a unique and dynamic weather system that has a direct impact on your strategy. Use a sandstorm to approach the enemy base unseen, or mount a rearguard attack by crossing a freezing river. Each of the 7 planets has diverse environments, and varied terrain that will force you to adapt your strategy: arid desert, swamps that impede tanks, icy worlds, island archipelagos…

Finally, Etherium will also test your strategic skills in online modes, where up to four players can compete simultaneously.
Link - http://etherium-thegame.com/

"It's quite simple my word is the law around here, and failure to comply means termination."

RPGWatch News Editor & Moderator

Couchpotato

Evil Potato Overlord
RPGWatch Team

January 18th, 2014, 23:33
So yet another thread with no replies. I sometimes wonder why people only comment if someone makes at least one post.

Never the less let me say I'm excited for the game and it reminds me of Supreme Commander. I'm also glad a RTS game is finally bringing back base building.

"It's quite simple my word is the law around here, and failure to comply means termination."

Couchpotato

Evil Potato Overlord
RPGWatch Team

January 19th, 2014, 02:14
I don't tend to scroll down on the front page and only pay attention to latest comments

But, yes, any new sci-fi RTS with depth ala Supreme Commander would indeed be nice.

Drithius

Misbegotten Alien

January 19th, 2014, 17:23
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
So yet another thread with no replies. I sometimes wonder why people only comment if someone makes at least one post.
Ppl got lazy as using letters instead of sound is not popular - thanks to Hollywood.

Anyway, I'm not impressed. Doesn't mean I won't buy it when it's finished, but definetly won't preorder it.

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

April 16th, 2014, 07:28
I found a new preview and a new trailer for Etherium.

Strategy Informer Preview

With a nice mix of classic RTS gameplay and some interesting new ideas, Etherium promises a simplified, streamlined strategy experience that might appeal to those put off by the more complex, time-consuming challenges of games like Starcraft 2 and the Total War series. That Tindalos Interactive are aiming for a lower price upon the game's Spring 2014 release won't hurt either.

Link- http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/e…6/preview.html

ETHERIUM: War Begins Trailer

Etherium, the new futuristic real-time strategy game published by Focus Home Interactive and developed for PC by Tindalos Interactive, begins hostilities in a new video! Represented by the forces of the Consortium, the Humans face the Vectides and the Intary, the two other playable factions of the game, on some of the contested planets in the war for etherium.

Link- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-Nem9mXXH8

Couchpotato

Evil Potato Overlord
RPGWatch Team

August 21st, 2014, 01:12
Here is a new update from Steam about the campaign, and npc sub-factions of Etherium.

Link - http://steamcommunity.com/games/2453…72202756033057
The sci-fi RTS Etherium, developed by Tindalos Interactive, which takes place on varied and perilous worlds, today introduces its campaign and NPC factions. In this futuristic RTS, you search the galaxy for a resource called Etherium. Colonizing planets of various terrains and climate types, you must evolve your armies by researching new technologies, exploit vicious climate changes, and upgrade your colony depending on your strategy. In the campaign, travel space encountering rival factions but also mysterious sub-factions, searching for the mysterious Etherium.

The sub-factions - who you will fight or rally to your cause - in this round of screenshots include the hulking Guardians – an ethereal force able to reconstruct itself - battling it out against the Intar, whilst on Pilo the Vectides stand off against the dystopian Raiders, a motley band of post-apocalyptic skirmishers. Arctis hosts a war between the Consortium against the Parasites, an alien force that fights in packs – never fewer than 3. To learn more about the factions, click here.[etherium-thegame.com]

SCREENSHOTS

Couchpotato

Evil Potato Overlord
RPGWatch Team

RPGWatch Forums » Games » General Non-RPG » Etherium - A Sci-Fi RTS Game