|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Might & Magic X - Ask Us Anything on Reddit

Default Might & Magic X - Ask Us Anything on Reddit

January 18th, 2014, 13:35
The developers of Might & Magic X: Legacy are hosting a new Reddit AMA on Friday, January 24th, from 11 a.m. EST (5 p.m. CET).

We make MMX - ask us anything on reddit!

Creative Designer Julien Pirou, Limbic Entertainment's CEO Stephan Winter and MMX Producer Gary Paulini will be on reddit!

Those of you who are not familiar with reddit's /r/IAmA section can find more information here. Basically, it's a place where you can post questions and we will answer them. The crowd will decide which questions/answers are most interesting and will vote them to the top of the thread so everyone sees them first.

We would love to get lots of questions from you blog readers, so go ahead and ask us anything! Our username will be MightandMagic.

Cheers,
Your MMX team
More information.

"Beware the potato for he is easily angered."- Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

January 18th, 2014, 13:35
Um… What's reddit?

Toka Koka

joxer

Mass Effect 4 Shepard
RPGWatch Donor

January 18th, 2014, 13:43
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
Um… What's reddit?
Now I know your joking as I posted other news-bits about this before. Well here you go a video just for you to describe what it is.

If you skipped the video or didn't read the link above here is a short summary.
Reddit, stylized as reddit, is a social news and entertainment website where registered users submit content in the form of links or text posts.

Last edited by Couchpotato; January 18th, 2014 at 14:02.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

January 18th, 2014, 14:36
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Now I know your joking as I posted other news-bits about this before. Well here you go a video just for you to describe what it is.

If you skipped the video or didn't read the link above here is a short summary.
Seriously I am not joking. I have been wanting to know. Hell, as tech savvy as I am I there is so much I don't know.
Don't even get me started on pop stars, and other crap I am clueless about. If it's not work, football or RPGs . I am clueless anymore.

benetar

Watcher

January 18th, 2014, 14:44
Originally Posted by benetar View Post
Seriously I am not joking. I have been wanting to know. Hell, as tech savvy as I am I there is so much I don't know.
Don't even get me started on pop stars, and other crap I am clueless about. If it's not work, football or RPGs . I am clueless anymore.
Well, you nailed the three things that count. If by Football you mean real Football and not the American kind…

tomasp3n

Watchamacallit?

January 18th, 2014, 15:46
Couch, I ment to ask what happened to good old official sites/forums/blogs.
Are they just lazy or it's too hard to make it nowadays?

What's the purpose of spreading news over all those facebooks and facebook wannabes? If you didn't catch it, I would never see it as I don't care for virtual reality "social" crap. And if they believe ppl who play only Zynga brainwasher games will buy their one if they lick their boots by not making an official site, they're very wrong.

Toka Koka

joxer

Mass Effect 4 Shepard
RPGWatch Donor

January 18th, 2014, 16:22
Don't see anything bad about it. Reddit offers a great infrastructure for such things which you don't need to program or buy yourself. It's also very easy to use.

It's like streaming on twitch or uploading to youtube. Why should you use something different if these platforms work perfectly fine, are free to use an lots of people are used to them.

Loved the AMA from Spiderweb. And that was the first and only time I really used reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment…rweb_software/

Kordanor

Wastelander
RPGWatch Donor

January 18th, 2014, 16:45
Um… What's reddit?
Remember the old UUNET news thing? Add voting on posts and you've got it. (At least from what little I've seen of it.)

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

January 18th, 2014, 17:21
The only thing I know about Reddit is they got in serious trouble for posting nude pictures/videos of underage teens.

'nut

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

January 18th, 2014, 18:13
Originally Posted by crpgnut View Post
The only thing I know about Reddit is they got in serious trouble for posting nude pictures/videos of underage teens.
Like most places on the internet you mean?

lostforever

Keeper of the Watch

January 18th, 2014, 19:48
I'd ask them if I can play the game without Uplay….I'll settle for having to use steam, but both is just silly. Then I'd ask if Heroes of M&M 6 could also be played fully without Uplay, and if not, why not. Why do they insist on making things harder for people, certainly piracy isn't that bad.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

January 18th, 2014, 20:04
I am pretty sure that priacy is that bad. In addition such platforms always speculate that once you got an account and use the software you will buy more from them.
And while I agree that it feels totally stupid to have uplay AND steam, I don't see why Uplay is a reason for not buying the game. It wasn't hard to install and it has no impact on the game whatsoever besides that you need to activate the game there first - and each time you start the game you need to click twice instead of once.

Kordanor

Wastelander
RPGWatch Donor

January 18th, 2014, 22:06
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
I'd ask them if I can play the game without Uplay….I'll settle for having to use steam, but both is just silly. Then I'd ask if Heroes of M&M 6 could also be played fully without Uplay, and if not, why not. Why do they insist on making things harder for people, certainly piracy isn't that bad.
I asked them just that; if M&MX would be available in virus-free form. Ubisoft said no. I told them I won't be buying it then.

It was the night before Hogswatch…

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity - Edgar Allan Poe

azraelck

Me Grimlock

Send a message via AIM to azraelck Send a message via MSN to azraelck Send a message via Yahoo to azraelck Send a message via Skype™ to azraelck

January 18th, 2014, 22:20
Couch, I ment to ask what happened to good old official sites/forums/blogs.
Are they just lazy or it's too hard to make it nowadays?

What's the purpose of spreading news over all those facebooks and facebook wannabes? If you didn't catch it, I would never see it as I don't care for virtual reality "social" crap. And if they believe ppl who play only Zynga brainwasher games will buy their one if they lick their boots by not making an official site, they're very wrong.
You will have to ask them as I don't have an answer. I remember they used MIRC for the last two chats. From what I see developers are using Reddit, and Twitch now.

Forums and blogs are becoming a tool of the past. I once thought Facebook, MySpace. and twitter would never amount to anything. Shows how wrong I was.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

January 18th, 2014, 23:22
Not about MySpace at least

Other Question about Uplay: Bought the game via box, but as it was only possible to order the german version from germany I sent it to my parents.

So all I'll get when it arrives is the key.
Can you normally download the game once you entered the key like you can on steam?
If yes, then it's actually a good thing for me that they actually are on uplay at least
(probably wont be able to activate it on steam as well)

Kordanor

Wastelander
RPGWatch Donor

January 18th, 2014, 23:59
I never really considered reddit as social networking in the vein of Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, etc

It's more of a forum with up voting allowing the most popular topics to rise to the top. I have only lurked, never made an account but I have enjoyed reading some of the Ask Me Anything responses in the past, everything from Alice Cooper to gaming people such as Chris Roberts, Ken Levine, and some of the people from Obsidian.

The AMAs are basically an interview where you get to ask the questions, well I can't since I don't have an account, but that's the general idea.

Xian

SasqWatch

January 19th, 2014, 00:20
Yep Az, I won't be buying it nor will I ever purchase anything that uses 2 systems like that. And I'll make sure I get plenty of others not to do it either, even if I have to buy them other games to play. From other companies. Steam shouldn't be just enough, it is enough, fact, and not opinion. I'll do my best to hit them where it hurts, in the pocketbook.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

January 19th, 2014, 02:17
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
Yep Az, I won't be buying it nor will I ever purchase anything that uses 2 systems like that. And I'll make sure I get plenty of others not to do it either, even if I have to buy them other games to play. From other companies. Steam shouldn't be just enough, it is enough, fact, and not opinion. I'll do my best to hit them where it hurts, in the pocketbook.
You can buy the boxed version then. Only uses one System.

Kordanor

Wastelander
RPGWatch Donor

January 19th, 2014, 03:23
I'll probably buy it eventually. Then download a pirated version to get away from Uplay.

Drithius

Misbegotten Alien

January 19th, 2014, 03:45
I already bought it early access and will just play it with uplay. It's really not a big deal to me.

I used to think I was a pretty ridgid gamer but there are some here that dislike pretty much everything, makes me feel like a pretty open minded gamer.

sakichop

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Might & Magic X - Ask Us Anything on Reddit